To hell with Sidi.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jpanspac

by jpanspac

Does it also clean the mesh fabric, or just the solid shiny stuff?
My favorite components are the ones I never have to think about.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It cleans the mesh fabric on my shoes as well.
It can clean virtually anything... Give it a go.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Will try back home. Thanks prendrefeu.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

BikeNerd2453

by BikeNerd2453

prendrefeu wrote:Yeah dude (or dudette, making no assumptions!), when I started using them to clean my shoes my perspective on having white shoes totally changed - except for the rubber footings on the soles which have worn down from the occasional walking, the shoes look like NEW all the time, super clean and bright.

Under the brand name "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" (and variants) they are the most expensive, and do work the best, but the other brands like Target's house brand or even the version that can be found at a 99 Cents store work just as well.

eBay's the place to look for these things, I buy them in bulk there!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221528654090?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Just an example...

dbecks7

by dbecks7

DMT Vega 2's are so nice. I love mine and so easy to clean with that synthetic finish.

Rush

by Rush

Am I the only person who polishes his cycling shoes?

I have some Waproo silver shoe polish which matches my 15 year old Sidis very well.

bura

by bura

^
No you are not. We are used to cycling shoe polishing since Rivat times. But if you have a shoe which does not need to polish but only to be cleaned like Sidi's Lorica shiny leather and you pay 500 bucks for a pair of "white" shoes , you propably expect that they better stay white.
What gets me upset are "reviews" of uncountable cycling magazines and sites about Sidi shoes without mentioning this special white/yellow problem.
Sidi will not see me again. Too many good competitors and shoes around to chose from.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

martinko

by martinko

I suppose they do not mention this problem because they test new shoes out of the box, and surely not for a year or two :-) otherwise we would not see the review at all. But I agree, it would be fine to have second reviews of certain products after some time as well. Especially for shoes, helmets, maybe wheels, and so on.

uraqt

by uraqt

Sidi has no competitors.......

C

mattr

by mattr

TBH , if you get on with Sidis fit, nothing else comes close. Especially if you aren't bothered about last year's colours.

Mine are all still white, except the ones that weren't white to start with, and the MTB shoes I got lost in, had to walk about 2km through a knee deep (and deeper in places) swamp. Carrying my bike. They have a hint of the swamp abut them.

carbonLORD
in the industry

by carbonLORD

carbonLORD.com

bura

by bura

uraqt wrote:Sidi has no competitors.......

C

Think that this is Sidi's way of thinking,too.

Maybe this was the case a long time ago. But times change and with it some very loyal customers.
I am out.
Kuota Kom Evo
SOLD

uraqt

by uraqt

I am not saying they don't need to get better, but I just don't see any shoe brand that is close... Sure they miss the color of the week, the race to build the lightest, back to shoe laces and and host of other things that really don't matter to me...

IMO fit and durability are king... and anything else is just a red herring

C

BhSimon

by BhSimon

Sidi are out of touch with the market, IMO. Look elsewhere for a superior product. Lake CX402—awesome.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I guess I dare not ask why anyone in their right mind would buy white cycling shoes to begin with, but I suppose they're faster.