To hell with Sidi.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

uraqt

by uraqt

or lighter : )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

@ BhSimon

perfect a copy of a 1999 sidi engergy ... : )

seriously what does that lake shoe have that a sidi wire doesn't ? leather? leather and water no way for me!!! ( Adidas, Nike... moved to non leather soccer and football shoes because of water and fit)... moldable sole? There are no facts that prove a stiff molded sole is better than a non molded sole.. in fact sidi believe that soles should have some flex ....and they have been making shoes longer than anybody!!!

I think everyone include me has been sold a bill of good about carbon soles and stiffer bikes... and a lot of people are going to buy in to disk brakes too...

Not about the bike, not about the white shoes, not about brakes... it's about riding !!!! and IMO sidi enables more ride time for me :) less time buying and fitting things

C

Wingnut

by Wingnut

BhSimon wrote:Sidi are out of touch with the market, IMO. Look elsewhere for a superior product. Lake CX402—awesome.

Really? How so?

See many, many cyclists with Sidi's on...Lakes? Think I saw one person on here with them...nothing against Lakes though...

davidalone

by davidalone

^+1....

MY wires are still white after 2.5 years...
and Sidi shoes last. they are built like tanks.

PSM

by PSM

My Sidi are still shining after 3 yrs...

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

prendrefeu wrote:...also use melamine foam (often branded as a "magic eraser" cleaning product) to clean your shoes, regardless of color. 10-15 seconds your shoes that you haven't washed in months will look like they came out of the box in which they were sold.

Great advice! Worked like a charm.

Thanks!
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skinnie

by skinnie

Sidi Drako here, plain white, 1 year of use, rain, some dust, etc
Carrera Scatto/Ultegra R8000 11s/Campangolo Shamal Mille

Vagabond

by Vagabond

I loved Sidi when I raced way back in the late 70s and 80s. I love them even more now. Fantastic shoes! I like white cycling shoes too but they're not very practical with respect to maintaining a clean look. I'm inclined to believe it probably doesn't matter much which brand you're using.
Colnago e Campagnolo