Bib shorts for tall guys? Need longer shoulder straps.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

basilic

by basilic

I went through my LBS. The Assos rep comes by regularly, he dealt with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FPVxplorer

by FPVxplorer

Dang, I'm 6'3 and I weigh 150 lbs. The only bibs that work for me are Assos size L, tried the Rapha Pro Team Lightweight for the same size and they were waaaay too tight. I ended up returning the bibs. I guess you just get used to using bibs that are shorter than normal.

jever98

by jever98

2m / 88kg, long legs short torso here. Wear L in almost all brands. Gore straps seemed the loosest to me so far.

Cheers
----
No longer in the industry

jollygiant

by jollygiant

I'm 6ft 6inhs tall and 100kg, I find Ribble XL a perfect fit.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

RedRacer wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:I'm 183cm tall and 72 kg and a size large in most bibs fit fine including the legs. I do have a 87 cm inseam so all leg and short torso.

I am 4cm taller and 6-7 kg heavier so the shoulder straps have more area to go over [emoji38]

I am still hoping for more suggestion. Maybe some of the stylish Aussie brands like Maap, Black Sheep, etc?

Pedal mafia. They have decent length uppers.
Using Tapatalk

amtbr

by amtbr

I'm 6'4 and 160-165, more leg than torso, and had a hard time finding bib shorts that didn't look ridiculous. I found Pactimo Summit Raptor 2.0 Pro this year and haven't looked back. I now have three pairs. The straps fit me fine, not too snug. Surprisingly, I went with a M and the fit is superb.

https://pactimo.com/collections/mens-bi ... -bibs-mens

They don't ride up as much as other bibs. The chamois isn't too bulky, not the best I've ever used, but I'll take the trade-off for having bibs that fit. Search for promo codes before ordering, they usually have sales also. No I'm not affiliated with Pactimo, just went through the long road of bib shorts, so I know the pain.