cycling in Girona/Costa Brava

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Thinking about Winter 2016 and staying in shape.
Anyone know of any good options for staying in Girona or Palamos (Costa Brava) and getting a week of cycling in. Ideally I'd want a bicycle guide , hotel and someone to pack/unpack my road bike. A tour that includes some climbs and does 60-80 miles a day would also be an option. I'm a little hesitant to bring a garmin and simply store some gps routes, although I do follow some people who've ridden in Girona and I could export some of their rides which look decent.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

hi

take look at www.twitter.com/bikebreaks

they have a shop, guides, rentals and can point you towards the nice routes of the region

check www.twitter.com/lafabricagirona for some good coffee

wobbly

by wobbly

here

http://www.bikeholiday.ch/en/sports-pro ... d-cycling/

great place, was well organised when we were there a few years ago (group leaders and back-up van), good food and not expensive

audiojan

by audiojan

wobbly wrote:here

http://www.bikeholiday.ch/en/sports-pro ... d-cycling/

great place, was well organised when we were there a few years ago (group leaders and back-up van), good food and not expensive

Highly recommend BikeHolidays. Some of the group leaders are ex-pro riders, so they certainly know what they're doing and doesn't mind at all sharing their knowledge. Food is great, lodging is really good. All-in-all, you can't go wrong with them.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin