Puchasing from Starbike in US

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jimborello

by jimborello

I usually takes 2-3 weeks. Ive ordered packages to Mexico and USA and the delay is always in the customs office.

laspariahs

by laspariahs

I've bought from starbike before, they ship quickly but shipping itself seems slow, but it always arrives!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chrisMTB

by chrisMTB

Ordered a whole XTR groupset. Some parts where not available at the time. When shipped it took around 7 business days to arrive to California.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

ncrider

by ncrider

Can anyone share their experiences with import duties or brokerage fees? I'm in the market for a wheelset ($1500-$2000 range) but first I want to do my homework on possible charges. If I'm following correctly, DHL handles the first stage of delivery before handing off to USPS. I'm confident in USPS but I've heard mixed reviews on DHL. Thanks.

fogman

by fogman

I purchased 2 Campagnolo Bora wheel sets from Starbike and was never charged any import duties or brokerage fees. Shipping to the US was like 10 days though.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

I haven't had any import fees from Starlike (Bora wheels). I did however get charged for a jersey from La Passione in Italy.
Instagram @seanblurr

rmerka

by rmerka

Boras arrived in about 8 days. No duty, huge box was packed well and everything safe and sound. 5% discount was nice :thumbup: will definitely be shopping at Starbike in the future!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I had delivery within 1 week from Wiggle. Duty charges etc didn't arrive until a couple months later from DHL for 10% of purchase price. The two are separate and it seems to be hit and miss if the packages get charged duty or not. The smaller items I have purchased abroad were not hit with duty charges. Yet.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

rmerka

by rmerka

Hope I don't get tagged but if I do I'll report back. The wheels came via USPS but started their journey through DHL. I'd still order from Starbike though even I do, their pricing and service was spot on.

sawyer

by sawyer

You guys are all killing US retailers ... :D

Still, if the wonderful people at US Customs are asleep on the job then it sounds like you're getting a bargain!
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

rmerka

by rmerka

I don't think I'm the one hurting US retailers, I think it's the exclusive distributors (middle-men) that are doing the damage. I literally paid $1500 less for my wheels than what US retailers are asking. Even if Customs sends me a bill for 10% of the value its still an incredible bargain.

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

how do you qualify for the 5% discount?

spartan

by spartan

10 posts on this forum last 30 days you will get extra 5 percent discount
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Starbike is certainly a top-notch store regardless of where you are ordering from. If ordering from the US or in USD where the conversion to EUR is a concern, there were definitely some financially difficult times in recent years (the 5 years I lived in Europe come to mind) but currently it's a great opportunity to stock up on bike parts from the EU that are not currently sold in the US. Shipping latency is fairly good given the logistics involved.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist