Sportful Bibs - Sizing / Cut Across Models

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

I just got a pair of Super Total Comfort bibs delivered. I was unable to try them anywhere so I tried some Bodyfit Classic bibs. The Bodyfit ones were great. Good long leg, good cut, but I wasn't keen on the chamois. Relatively, the S.T.C.s have super short legs and they're really tight (same size).

Anyone know how any other models in the Sportful range compare?
Last edited by MattSoutherden on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

djm

by djm

I have a pair of "Sportful Limited Edition BodyFit Pro Bib Shorts Medium Black/Blue/Yellow" and they fit me pretty snugly. I use M in Assos usually. 190 cm / 77 kgs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

What's your inseam? I'm 189 and 78Kg with a 94cm inseam (book under the crotch down to floor). And smaller on the 'Super's would crush the boys.

How are the legs on the Bodyfit Pro?
-
Finsbury Park CC

djm

by djm

94 inseam :-) Legs are just a tad shorter than what I'm used to, and a little tighter around the thighs, but I find that I like it.

boysa

by boysa

I have the Total Comfort (size S), and I find the legs are too long. Is everyone finding the Super to have a shorter insesm? And same with bodyfit pro?
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

DanW

by DanW

Always difficult to describe sizing! I have Sportful Limited Edition BodyFit Pro too and wear a Large at 175cm/ 78kg. I find they are probably a touch shorter (only a fraction) and a touch less tight around the hips (again only a fraction) than Castelli Free Aero's. They are definitley with the trend of longer shorts like most nowadays and nowhere near as short as the pictures in the marketing material make out (they look almost mid thigh in the pic with the veiny guy!). No comparison to other Sportful shorts I'm afraid, but the Limited Edition BodyFit Pro are really great value and great shorts IMO Worth a try on Wiggle or wherever they are cheapest

AKASTANA

by AKASTANA

STCs are a little shorter and would feel 'tighter' initially when you put them on cos the material is a bit more compressive than the BodyFits, shouldn't be uncomfortably so though...
Most of the shorts should run to the same sizes, the fit of them might change slightly depending on materials/pad etc.

The BodyFit Pro is slightly shorter than the Classic because the legband is different, also the TC Pro pad has more volume than the BodyFit so will seat you slightly higher up the short too.

RE: 'The veiny guy' - That's Roman Kreuziger who is pretty tall (and leggy!) and wearing a size M in those photos, his team shorts have to be made slightly longer than standard...
"You are only limited by fear and even that can be overcome..." Seth Morrison

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Thanks. AKASTANA. :)

Do the Tour Max shorts have the same leg length as the BodyFit Classic?

I also got a reply from the UK distributor who suggested that the R&D shorts have the TC straps and a slightly longer leg. I may try a pair of those if that's the case.
-
Finsbury Park CC

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

My Tour Max bibs arrived on Tuesday, and a pair of R&D bibs arrived today. First impressions are good.

The Tour Max are a bit shorter than the Bodyfit, but they're only for commuting so that's not a problem. The TC-Pro pad feels much nicer [to me] than the Bodyfit one.

The pad is also in the R&D shorts, which even on my gangly pins have a really good leg length to them. Will hopefully get a chance to try them out this weekend.
-
Finsbury Park CC

boysa

by boysa

Thanks Matt. It seems we are after opposite fits... I want shorter leg length. So far, the Desoto are the closest I can find to what I like.

Rush

by Rush

I'm 6'3" with long legs (about a 34 inch / 88 cm ) inseam. The NoRain Fiandre short is great for me. I find the Bodyfit Pro too short in the leg.

I prefer a long-legged short. In Assos I bought the FI 5 Mille Large with long leg.

DanW

by DanW

The NoRain Fiandre short is great for me

Can you still buy these? I can't find them anywhere in the UK

Rush

by Rush

I couldn't find them either. I ended up buying the NoRain bib tights instead.

teleguy57

by teleguy57

I wonder if Sportful have changed their sizing/cuts. I have an older version of the thermal bib shorts labeled NoRain on the suspenders, with a reflective band on the legs and gripper dots. In an XL they fit quite well. I had ordered a pair of the NoRain Fiandre model (banded on the leg with no gripper material) in and XL, and couldn't squeeze into them. I exchanged them for an XXL, and they still run tighter than the XL of the earlier version.

Like the fabric and the feel of the bib shorts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

I don't know, because I have a pair of Small TC bibs, but just took a shot on a new pair of Xsmall, and the XS are perfect. Only problem now is finding more in stock somewhere!