Watch out for this forum seller - didn't get my item

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ak47

by ak47

Thankfully, I have been refunded by Paypal.

I have bought a set of Mavic Cosmic 40c wheels from the user mihai. Paid 870 Euros for this set on 19th April. Got my refund by Paypal today.

viewtopic.php?p=1121006

The communication before purchase was great, but after I paid it became very slow with responses taking sometimes few days. I asked the guy a number of times about the tracking number. He kept saying that he was out of the country (but he was still posting a pictures on his facebook from his home country which is Romania), then he said he shipped the wheels, but there was a problem with customs (didn't give me tracking number altough I asked him) and he promised he will ship another set of wheels in the next week. After almost a month of waiting I wrote to him that if he's not able to send me the wheels I want to get a refund, he stopped sending any messages after this. I have full conversation to back up my story (forum message system and email as after no response on forum I send a message to the paypal email address), but don't know if I can post this conversation. I can see he posted a lot here, in the sale section as well, so I was confident people bought items from him and that there will be no problems. Maybe some people got their items from him, but I didn't and as as you can see he probably never posted the wheels to me.

Another thing - never pay another method than Paypal. Today I would be without my 870 Euros...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

"mihai" did posted few rather not cheap stuff for sale, it looked suspicious- to name it gentle, specially considering his bicycle…

paypal is not only one safe way to pay, btw.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

ak47

by ak47

He posted a lot of his bikes that he changed a lot, it really looks suspicious right now to me as I have recently read an article about stolen cycling stuff being sold in Ukraine, Romania and Moldova. Not saying it's the case here, but it might be.

rma

by rma

Interesting, I almost bought this same item with him. Hope it was just a misunderstanding.

ak47

by ak47

He stated he shipped the wheels and I asked him for tracking details several times, but he never gave it to me. After my last email to him he stopped replying even though he logged on the forums. Doesn't look like a misunderstanding to me.

dogma85

by dogma85

I am sorry to hear you had this issue. Probably I was the first one that contacted him for these wheels, I contacted him just after he placed topic he is selling it. I think he had brand new Roval CLX40 also for a good price. Well I told him that I will tell him my final decision within few days but he said he need answer day after because some of his local friends was interested for the same. Then I canceled... too fast, too much money for the guy I do not know... seems it was good decision from my side.

Sorry that someone else went into the "trap".

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I'd like to think mods could block his account here.

I remember those adds indeed, price was appealing to say the least but this happens with legit sellers.

Let's see if he comes back with more cheap Mavic wheels as Mavic Assistance was robbed during the Dauphiné...

Marin

by Marin

But, that would mean he has actual items so sell/send!

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

LoL right. He might actually had one pair but sold to two or three persons!

dogma85

by dogma85

I would stay out of blaming guy that he could get in touch with equipment with questionable background, this have not be proven. Here is a question that seller lost bit of trust because he did not sent item after it was payed. I guess all of us would like that ak47 got his wheels and michai his money... but it was not so easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

I am locking this thread for the time being. OP can contact me as he sees fit.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.