Wiggo's Hour Record Attempt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

deek wrote:The hour is only 100TSS, I do that on back to back days no problem.

Not all TSS is the same. Big difference between a 98% effort and a 100%. I don't think Wiggins went 100% actually. Towards the end he knew he wasn't going to beat Rominger, and so didn't kill himself. Or maybe the plan all along was to beat 54.5 once they knew the pressure would be high.

I heard a few anecdotes from TTers that spacing attempts a week apart seems to work, but Obree's back to back was pretty nuts. I guess he knew he didn't give it his best the first time. And if the film was correct, he was getting up and drinking water and stretching all night.
formerly rruff...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

Yeah, that was a joke.

What cranks was Wiggins using? Looks custom. I wonder why he wasn't running something like a Vuma Chrono with a custom chainring.

jooo

by jooo

'just' the usual UKSI crank yeah?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

http://www.ridemedia.com.au/ride-featur ... row-crown/

Some more discussion around the fork and the record. SBS actually put together a good regular podcast.

Ashepp

by Ashepp

Thought I would share a picture I took at the event :D

Enjoy

Everyone

by Everyone

Great picture! I'm still surprised that he wore the giro empires, I would have thought that the laces wouldn't be that great for the aerodynamics.

53x12

by 53x12

Everyone wrote:Great picture! I'm still surprised that he wore the giro empires, I would have thought that the laces wouldn't be that great for the aerodynamics.

Better than BOAs and buckles sticking out.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

lippythelion

by lippythelion

^And on some of the bigger pics floating around it looks like he cut the loops off the laces after he'd tied them.