Took a 5 Hour Energy before my ride home...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

wow! That was like riding a bike on crack. I don't have very much caffine in my diet and I was riding home from work into a headwind and trying to beat out some thunderstorms that were moving in. I set personal best times on the back to back mile long climbs at the end of the ride (going into the wind) and it took awhile to calm down after I got home. I'll never take that stuff again, even though it served its purpose - I made it home pretty quickly.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Them gitters are the worse.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Come on man, do some EPO. Maybe you can attack those climbs out of the saddle in the drops like Ricco.

Just don't get caught.
Boulder Competitive Commuter Cyclist receives 2 year ban from UCI

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

HammerTime2 wrote:Come on man, do some EPO. Maybe you can attack those climbs out of the saddle in the drops like Ricco.

Just don't get caught.
Boulder Competitive Commuter Cyclist receives 2 year ban from UCI

Oh geez you. Go troll somewhere else. You're (still) not funny. Or maybe you'll send another one of your PM's that I won't read.
Speedplay is the devil!

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I'm not sure what a 5hour energy is but it sounds like a solid powerdrink.

I've had a similar experience with bad coffee and sportsdrink while cycling. It gave a ridiculous high which came quite unexpected. Strava wasn't on but it was fast for sure. I'm not going to stop for coffee at that place again though.
Ride it like you stole it

LouisN

by LouisN

Always read the list of ingredients of what goes into your system :smartass:

LOuis :)

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I did. I figured one time and that's it. Looking at that stuff there's way too much vitamin B6 and artificial sweeteners. Not for me. The furthest I'll go w/ that stuff is using Vitamin Water's Energy drink that has a little caffine.
Speedplay is the devil!

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

Took one of those from friends recommendation when I had to move a house full of furniture. I was up for two days with a screaming headache. I could just imagine riding hard with that. Most likely right in line with high blood pressure or heart attack territory....

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Snake oil.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

rbynck

by rbynck

Come on guys :P . 200 or 230 mg of caffeine is never going to result in high blood pressure or heart attacks that is just redonkulos. There are actually a lot of studies suggesting that to see any sports-related benefits when using caffeine you need around 6mg/kg - so 65 kg = 390mg :smartass: . Personally i tried to experiment with this and at 59 kg i needed 800mg or 13.5mg/kg to feels any sorts of "side-effects". And I am not a caffeine-freak of any sorts, just wanted to "test the studies" so to speak :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com