removing vinyl labes from bibshorts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

As bibshorts grow older and are continuously used, brands like Castelli, Pearl Izumi, Rapha, etc labellings start to crack and loose their visual appeal.

While I have used an iron to try an remove whatever had been glued on, are there any other ways to get this done in a clean fashion that will not leavy any residue on the shorts themselves?
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

jimaizumi wrote:As bibshorts grow older and are continuously used, brands like Castelli, Pearl Izumi, Rapha, etc labellings start to crack and loose their visual appeal.

While I have used an iron to try an remove whatever had been glued on, are there any other ways to get this done in a clean fashion that will not leavy any residue on the shorts themselves?

Alcohol will take off the Castelli residue, which is the worst offender: Those big circles where the scorpion used to be.
I don't know about the others.