Bicycle Saddle Bag Seat Case for Fizik saddle, 27g

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Leviathan wrote:My humble opinion - its a product at least with a clear value proposition, and it may even be better than other solutions out there.
However, a few points
1) Its going to be difficult to sell a piece of injection moulded plastic for 50 Euros plus.
2) The proposition is based upon press fits for the various tools, spares and lights it carries, but there are a very wide range of tools & lights on the market, so you may well be limiting your potential market considerably.
If you combine 1 and 2, id propose you need to offer a complete kit : ie with inflator, basic tools and possibly lights, or at least with 2 different light fitting options, not just the chassis. Id probably offer two models - one "Lightweight" with inflator, 2 tyre leves and a 3/4mm allen key, (or could you design the tyre levers so one had a 3mm and the otehr 4mm allen key in them??) then a "complete" version with, for example, 2x cyllinders, a basic chain tool and light, for those that dont like to carry a mobile phone. Perhaps a "USA" specific version with a side mounting for a desert eagle /1911 Browning 9mm pistol?

Given this would need more investment, if nothing else in stock, Id think this would be an ideal project for a kick-starter or other crowd funded site.

Thank you so much for you feedback, That's why I'm here! looking for input.

Onto first point: To justify the current price I must highlight that this is a 3d printed part and this price is barely covering the material cost alone. I already did my research and if I take this project to the next level with a final design that worth investing, it will be using injection molding and will dramatically decrease retail price.

Second point: The origin of this idea was to create something that is actually compatible with what we all know as standard items that everybody has in the garage; Allen/Torx L-shape Wrenches...and Co2 (that also never changes). Using this angle...I can see this case being sold as a unit, not as a kit.

Using some of the feedback's from here, I am already working on other versions, for two Co2 and more enclosed inside volume.

Kickstarter is my goal once I am happy.. you are happy... and everybody else can be at least satisfied with the product.

Yes, multiple versions of this case is the goal!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

I like this idea a lot, : )

I will buy one for sure when you have a non Co2 one !!!! : )

C

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

uraqt wrote:I like this idea a lot, : )

C

Thanks uraqt. Do you mind the cateye holder? or just a round shaped back would do it?

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

andreszucs wrote:
uraqt wrote:I like this idea a lot, : )

C

Thanks uraqt. Do you mind the cateye holder? or just a round shaped back would do it?

Something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Version without the Co2 holder is available at: https://www.shapeways.com/product/J63N4 ... d=56841259

uraqt

by uraqt

I just bought one to test it : ) ...

Thanks!!!

C

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

uraqt wrote:I just bought one to test it : ) ...

Thanks!!!

C

Hope you like it! don't hesitate to give me your honest feedback later. thanks

kode54

by kode54

i think this is a nice idea. nice and tidy...unlike some of the saddle bags i've seen. which is why i typically store everything in my jersey pockets....not a great solution, since it does weigh the pockets down. unfortunately, i use the Fizik Arione 00 where they don't have the tab on the seat (where the light or saddle back clips onto).
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

kode54 wrote:i think this is a nice idea. nice and tidy...unlike some of the saddle bags i've seen. which is why i typically store everything in my jersey pockets....not a great solution, since it does weigh the pockets down. unfortunately, i use the Fizik Arione 00 where they don't have the tab on the seat (where the light or saddle back clips onto).

Thanks Kode54. I do want to create something a little more universal but it will take me some time to me to figure this out. The tab definitely adds stiffness to the assembly and there is Zero play. I think is also an elegant look and I don't mind keeping it on the bike at all times...wish is great and there is not way to forget thing at home anymore.

I know that selling as 3d printed isn't viable and is expensive. To take the leap and go for injection molding is the challenge and I must find a single design that makes everybody or at least most of it happy...and that's why I am here.
Price will drop a lot injection molded.