Bicycle Saddle Bag Seat Case for Fizik saddle, 27g

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Leviathan wrote:My humble opinion - its a product at least with a clear value proposition, and it may even be better than other solutions out there.
However, a few points
1) Its going to be difficult to sell a piece of injection moulded plastic for 50 Euros plus.
2) The proposition is based upon press fits for the various tools, spares and lights it carries, but there are a very wide range of tools & lights on the market, so you may well be limiting your potential market considerably.
If you combine 1 and 2, id propose you need to offer a complete kit : ie with inflator, basic tools and possibly lights, or at least with 2 different light fitting options, not just the chassis. Id probably offer two models - one "Lightweight" with inflator, 2 tyre leves and a 3/4mm allen key, (or could you design the tyre levers so one had a 3mm and the otehr 4mm allen key in them??) then a "complete" version with, for example, 2x cyllinders, a basic chain tool and light, for those that dont like to carry a mobile phone. Perhaps a "USA" specific version with a side mounting for a desert eagle /1911 Browning 9mm pistol?

Given this would need more investment, if nothing else in stock, Id think this would be an ideal project for a kick-starter or other crowd funded site.

Thank you so much for you feedback, That's why I'm here! looking for input.

Onto first point: To justify the current price I must highlight that this is a 3d printed part and this price is barely covering the material cost alone. I already did my research and if I take this project to the next level with a final design that worth investing, it will be using injection molding and will dramatically decrease retail price.

Second point: The origin of this idea was to create something that is actually compatible with what we all know as standard items that everybody has in the garage; Allen/Torx L-shape Wrenches...and Co2 (that also never changes). Using this angle...I can see this case being sold as a unit, not as a kit.

Using some of the feedback's from here, I am already working on other versions, for two Co2 and more enclosed inside volume.

Kickstarter is my goal once I am happy.. you are happy... and everybody else can be at least satisfied with the product.

Yes, multiple versions of this case is the goal!

uraqt

by uraqt

I like this idea a lot, : )

I will buy one for sure when you have a non Co2 one !!!! : )

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

uraqt wrote:I like this idea a lot, : )

C

Thanks uraqt. Do you mind the cateye holder? or just a round shaped back would do it?

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

andreszucs wrote:
uraqt wrote:I like this idea a lot, : )

C

Thanks uraqt. Do you mind the cateye holder? or just a round shaped back would do it?

Something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Version without the Co2 holder is available at: https://www.shapeways.com/product/J63N4 ... d=56841259

uraqt

by uraqt

I just bought one to test it : ) ...

Thanks!!!

C

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

uraqt wrote:I just bought one to test it : ) ...

Thanks!!!

C

Hope you like it! don't hesitate to give me your honest feedback later. thanks

kode54

by kode54

i think this is a nice idea. nice and tidy...unlike some of the saddle bags i've seen. which is why i typically store everything in my jersey pockets....not a great solution, since it does weigh the pockets down. unfortunately, i use the Fizik Arione 00 where they don't have the tab on the seat (where the light or saddle back clips onto).
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

kode54 wrote:i think this is a nice idea. nice and tidy...unlike some of the saddle bags i've seen. which is why i typically store everything in my jersey pockets....not a great solution, since it does weigh the pockets down. unfortunately, i use the Fizik Arione 00 where they don't have the tab on the seat (where the light or saddle back clips onto).

Thanks Kode54. I do want to create something a little more universal but it will take me some time to me to figure this out. The tab definitely adds stiffness to the assembly and there is Zero play. I think is also an elegant look and I don't mind keeping it on the bike at all times...wish is great and there is not way to forget thing at home anymore.

I know that selling as 3d printed isn't viable and is expensive. To take the leap and go for injection molding is the challenge and I must find a single design that makes everybody or at least most of it happy...and that's why I am here.
Price will drop a lot injection molded.