Craft clothing quality?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

Anyone is familiar with craft clothing?

I have a few puncheur bib short I recently got by my LBS. I rode a pair about twice, one time which was in rain. Today I picked up that actual bib short and realized the fabric had thinned up a lot on the pad area, where we sit on teh saddle, I can see the chamois through the fabric. So, when riding, I my buddies can see the chamois through the bib. I compared it with another set and the fabric appears much thicker and I can't see through.

This one is going back to the LBS for sure. Anyone experienced such a poor quality?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

devinci wrote:Anyone is familiar with craft clothing?

I have a few puncheur bib short I recently got by my LBS. I rode a pair about twice, one time which was in rain. Today I picked up that actual bib short and realized the fabric had thinned up a lot on the pad area, where we sit on teh saddle, I can see the chamois through the fabric. So, when riding, I my buddies can see the chamois through the bib. I compared it with another set and the fabric appears much thicker and I can't see through.

This one is going back to the LBS for sure. Anyone experienced such a poor quality?

Have heard pretty bad things about it. Quality and sizing issues mainly.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i have a jersey, skinsuit (short sleeve) and base layers from craft.

im into it. One of the better team jersey's i've ever owned. TIGHT fitting, feels great, race cut. The sizing of the base layer is weird... im a small in jersey and the base layers i think are just for general public as their XS dimensions match their S jersey dimensions. I've had zero issues with fit, zippers, comfort, of the said pieces. Those 3 pieces are the only experience i have though.

devinci

by devinci

I also have their jersey and vest, I like them.

The fact that the fabric thinned up dramatically after 2 rides pisses me off though

micky

by micky

My first Craft item was a LS base layer in S size, almost ok in size.
Bought a 2nd no sleeve base layer in size S and.......it's giant, both in lenght and the cut around the shoulders.

yongkun

by yongkun

I had their team kit, couldn't get used to their chamois, jersey fit on the arms are tight but a few cress strangely. Find champion system and pearl Izumi are much better for me personally. Those orica boys are rocking them alright though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I have 1 pair of bibs I bought years ago. They've held up fine but don't fit as well as all the others I own. I stopped using their jerseys because they tend to sag if you put a smartphone in the rear pocket (none of my other jerseys do this). I own 5 of their long sleeve base layers and I've had them for years.
Speedplay is the devil!

devinci

by devinci

Sounds like my bib shorts are weak, poor quality or simply defective

bombertodd

by bombertodd

My craft bibs I bought in 2012 wore out after about 300-400 miles. Haven't bought craft again.

dmp

by dmp

I have only used their top of the line bib shorts, but have been very happy with fit, comfort and durability. Thousands of miles on them without a problem.

djm

by djm

I have a LS baselayer which cost me 10 bucks on Probikekit a few years back. It's ever lasting and I will layer it both in winter and spring/fall. Once in a while I throw it in a 60 degree wash cycle to make it white again. Although, Craft could have changed their production since mine was made :)

nobuseri

by nobuseri

I have bought a lot of Craft clothing. As with Castelli, they are made in various places. Depending on where, I have found that it affects sizing. So, before I buy (online), I usually check and see where it's made.

Other than the sizing variation, it's at the top of my list when I look for clothing.
Cicli Barco XCr Road
Moots VaMoots
Parlee Z1
SuperX Hi-Mod Disc

nagge

by nagge

Have had a pair of bibs for three years now, crashed with them once and got a nasty wound and still have the scar on my hip, the bibs however were unharmed. Not that it says anything about the quality really, just thought it was remarkable.
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

devinci

by devinci

im starting to wonder if there was sand on my saddle and if it acted like sanding paper on the fabric covering the chamois

Liggero

by Liggero

base layers are great, and price is moderate. Shorts and other stuff I did not test it yet, I was wondering actually this same thing, but after reading your answers, I will not try them. I discovered Sportful a year ago and I´m not switching to other brand any time soon...
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com