Competitive Cyclist will pay you to ride your bike

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Guarantee they cut back on how much you can earn. When I read the original email I figured there was no way they'd be able to sustain it.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

droid1973

by droid1973

Will the program come back on line?

uraqt

by uraqt

No date for back, but May 19th for ""update on details of this revised program on May 19th."

C

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I'm at $11.50. I guess I'll be buying some Skratch Labs at a discounted price ;)

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

this was short lived, just like competitive cyclist lifetime returns guarantee. I really don't trust what competitivecyclist says anymore, as they change their policies whenever they want and the customer is out of luck.

spookyload

by spookyload

ITTY wrote:I only got $21. But hey it's $21 I didn't have before.

I'm guessing they grossly underestimated how many miles/dollars people log on Strava.

That is giving them too much benefit of the doubt. Strava could easily supply a direct number to the average hours people ride. They match that up with the deal they offered, and the output should be a pretty simple margin hit. I think it was just a stupid stunt to get people to their site and share more personal information. They thought people would use the discounts for large items, but everyone I know used it to get small stuff for free. Not their intent. I would imagine the discount will have to apply to qualifying purchase.

ALS

by ALS

New program announced not quite as interesting as previous one

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... hip-44418/

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/competitive-cyclist-revises-strava-partnership-44418/ wrote:Hours on the bike no longer equal store credit, but rather, factor into users' credibility scores
Well, I have factored Competitive Cyclist's abrupt termination of the original program and replacement with this credibility score nonsense into its credibility score.

uraqt

by uraqt

NICE HammerTime!!!

I was thinking about this as I was kind stoked to get payed to ride.

The USA government should pay US citizens to ride, I want a tax break. Everyone else gets a gov kickback why not bike riders?

C

russianbear

by russianbear

This all sort of sounds like it was planned from the start for CC to get more people "signed up" for an account with their website and a small sales bump. Now the credibility thing is for you to add more content (reviews, pictures) to their site. I don't mind particularly, will still deal with them, have always been great.

uraqt

by uraqt

They have always been great, for sure.. and reasonable pricing on sales items!!!

C