Cervelo Canada Ride....

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

:lol: :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wingguy

by wingguy

Calnago wrote:They could move the company to any country they wish if they desire to.

But they haven't.

Cervelo certainly has its roots in Canada, but that's it. It could very easily be moved to Asia or the Netherlands.

It could, and if it was it wouldn't be Canadian any more. But it hasn't so it is.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goleafsgo5

by goleafsgo5

Wow check out for 2 days ans the debate over the company takes place.... just come out and ride guys

53x12

by 53x12

goleafsgo5 wrote:Wow check out for 2 days ans the debate over the company takes place.... just come out and ride guys

You realize this is a discussion forum right? Meant for discussions.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

5DII

by 5DII

do you have to have a cervelo to ride?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

This is freakin' hilarious. Who cares about a ride. What really matters is that Cervelo is Dutch. :P (or possibly Asian, but definitely not Canadian :P )
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

This is nuts. Of course Cervelo is a Canadian company. Sure isn't Dutch.

PSM

by PSM

Calnago, sometimes you can be such a besserwisser. :|

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

tranzformer wrote:This is nuts. Of course Cervelo is a Canadian company. Sure isn't Dutch.

I think you're missing the point. In this situation nationality of the brand identity is pretty irrelevant. Ownership of a brand can sometimes be determined (Dutch in this case). And brand origins are something else again (Canadian). Damn you guys are easy to wind up. Sorry for the trolling. (Oh, and BTW isn't the name Cervelo messed up Italian for brain? So we can conclude that Cervelo is Italian - there - dispute solved!)

On a more interesting note, I was unaware that Cervelo's were coming out of the Giant factory. It that correct? It should bode well for future quality.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

53x12

by 53x12

Lamborghini is German!! Cannonade is Canadian! Bentley is German!!
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

goodboyr

by goodboyr

What about sports teams? I'd guess under your logic most of the american hockey teams should actually be labelled as Canadian, since most of the players were born in Canada. Or maybe its not citizenship, it current address,......or maybe we are just all on the way to disappearing up our own rears......[emoji6]

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

goodboyr wrote:What about sports teams? I'd guess under your logic most of the american hockey teams should actually be labelled as Canadian, since most of the players were born in Canada. Or maybe its not citizenship, it current address,......or maybe we are just all on the way to disappearing up our own rears......

Finally, somebody has it figured out. :wink:

wingguy

by wingguy

Mr.Gib wrote:(Oh, and BTW isn't the name Cervelo messed up Italian for brain? So we can conclude that Cervelo is Italian - there - dispute solved!)

On a more interesting note, I was unaware that Cervelo's were coming out of the Giant factory. It that correct? It should bode well for future quality.

Cervelo is mixed up Italian for brain and French for bike. Brain-bike.

Cervelos definitely weren't made by giant previously. This INRNG from 2012 says Ten Tech in mainland China. Their QC has definitely got better since then but I don't know if they've totally switched factories.

It does show Colnago frames (everything except C59/60?) being manufactured by Giant though.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Yeah I know Cervelo used to be Ten Tech. Maybe someone will confirm their current source. I gave a Colnago CX Zero frame a close inspection recently and the construction and finish was pristine. Beautiful work and a Giant Corporation product code sticker on the BB.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Mr.Gib wrote:Yeah I know Cervelo used to be Ten Tech. Maybe someone will confirm their current source. I gave a Colnago CX Zero frame a close inspection recently and the construction and finish was pristine. Beautiful work and a Giant Corporation product code sticker on the BB.

Isn't it "Kenstone Metal Company Ltd?"