Neilpryde Warranty Service

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Almost 2 weeks ago I was cleaning up my bike, a Neilpryde Bura SL, when I found a crack on the non-drive side near the BB/chainstay joint. I took a bunch of pictures and sent them off to NP and they were forwarded over to their warranty person. I think the 12 hr time difference helped because they responded within an hour of my sending them.
I have a 100 mile ride the last Sat of March and this is the bike I need to ride. I mentioned that to NP, and having purchased the frameset through Fairwheel Bikes (in Arizona) and me being in NY (NP in Hong Kong), I figured this would not happen that fast.
But, with that info, NP asked me to send the pictures, along with several others that showed the bike was not crashed to Fairwheel and NP. The next day they told me the frameset would be warrantied and they'd ship it directly to me. It took another day or two to get all the information in and then they asked me to take and send a picture of the cracked frame destroyed. I took my reciprocating saw and cut the frame and fork into pieces and sent it off. That day they dispatched a new Bura SL frameset to me from Hong Kong. That was a Tuesday, the frame was at my house in NY on Thursday afternoon and I had it built up by Saturday for a ride on Sunday.

Their service was incredible and I wanted to thank them for getting things done so quickly and making sure I had my bike not only in time for the ride, but for a couple of weeks ahead to train. They've been an awesome company to work with from purchasing the frameset all the way through and I wanted to thank them for their help and let others know they really did step up for me.

(I'll post some pictures when I get a chance)
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

I just crashed my BuraSL into a gate at 40km/h. Yep, pretty stupid thing to do, its a long story. Anyway, the top tube was broken. I contacted NP, told them my story and they offered me a crash replacement frame at an amazing price and got back to me that day. The customer service of this company is like none other I have ever dealt with. The price of the frame replacement included taxes and shipping to the UK which made it even easier. Thanks NeilPryde, you guys are awesome.

Also, anyone looking at a BuraSL, they're top machines, light, stiff, nimble. A touch harsh on the front but its an amazing ride that fills you full of confidence.

yongkun

by yongkun

Prices are quite steep now, missed out on some great deals last year on the bura. Anyone know any good places I can get my hand on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Good to hear nice stories like these about good service, which seems to be pretty rare compared to poor service rants. Neilpryde was one of the brand on my list when I was considering upgrading in the past, my mate's bura sl looks great and a solid but lightweight platform at a reasonable price seems like a steal.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

I am also a happy owner of a 2013 BURAsl.

I paid a ridiculously low price for a 1100g / Size Large frameset (with hanger, uncut fork) that rides really well, and looks amazing:

GC just posted a video on G+ mentioning "sale price", but they are still listing MSRP on the website. Give them a call...

irgccg

by irgccg

I'm considering a used Bura SL (ex team bike). I'd appreciate any thoughts, insights or advice.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

@ irgccg: My first one cracked on the chainstay and also inside the head tube where the headset rested. That frame was the first year for the bura SL. The replacement frameset (the one w/ the light blue on it) was a bit lighter but is holding up beautifully. I just had an issue where my stem ate the steerer tube-- make no mistake, it was the stem and not the fork. When I went to change out forks I inspected the head tube and everything was intact and as it should be. With the original frameset there were always noises coming from that area and there have been none with the replacement.

I'm glad I stuck w/ the NP frameset and didn't go to something else after the first one cracked. I'm not sure what experiences others have had with the 2014 framesets.
Speedplay is the devil!

irgccg

by irgccg

I'm still on the fence about this. I'm concerned that the frame is so light weight that with no warranty if anything goes wrong I've just flushed money down the toilet but I guess you run that risk with any used frame. How does the frame ride? Is it a harsh ride?

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

Best bike i have ever ridden. Much snappier than my 2015 s-works tarmac. A bit harsher ride but i ran skinny tires and rims on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Team Murray

by Team Murray

Mike Pryde, Neil's son, is the person behind the bikes and the designs. You can friend him on FB.