Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Slack

by Slack

@WheresWaldo I've only just started looking at this thread so you may have mentioned it earlier or already answered this question. Shapeways looks like it's selling printed parts, is there another option to download the model if you own your own printer or isn't that something that's offered? Thank you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Slack,

There are many models located on Thingiverse and Youmagine and other repositories. There are some designers selling on Shapeways that allow downloading of their models, but not many. Many hours of work go into the making of a model that works and the designers on Shapeways are not Shapeways employees nor are they paid by them anything more than a percentage of the sale. I do not allow downloading of my models. Most of the designers that have taken the time and put in the effort to create and maintain a Shapeways store also sell their items on Etsy or other markets. I do not have any other outlet than Shapeways. If all you are looking for are simple things like a GoPro mount or a Garmin mount, those can be found on the repositories I have mentioned at the start.

I did experiment with models available freely with a suggested donation and in over two years and hundreds of downloads I have total donations of less than $20 USD. It is the way the world is today, if something can be obtained for free, we simply don't want to pay for it.

Another word of caution. Many of the models that are printable on Shapeways, Ponoko, iMaterialize or any of the other services are not easily printed on an FDM printer, most are designed with little to no supports and adding them are not trivial. Some models will also not have the strength required to make them usable printed with that technology. I know for a fact that many of my own models have thin walls that would fail or even fail to print on an FDM printer no matter how well tuned it is. Each model must be built with the projected print technology in mind, so a model of a GoPro mount printed on an Ultimaker could be very different than one printed on a HP PolyJet or one printed on a Formlabs Form 2.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

https://www.shapeways.com/product/48UF7 ... -arm-mount

Good evening. Do you have an image of the underside of this or a link to the adapter needed to mount a gopro on the underside of this mount?
Using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Nefarious86

There is a 3D button on the picture if you click it you can circle around the entire model. It was designed for the screw on Virb mount. I do have this http://shpws.me/Hpzc if you have the older Garmin Flat Mounts and want to use it with a GoPro.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Thanks, didn't see the 3D option on the phone last night. Is it possible to swap out/change the print file to remove the screw attachment on the dual arm mount for the GoPro style mount to remove the need for adapters?
Using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

You mean eliminate the Virb mount and put a fixed GoPro mount on the bottom?

Also if you want, I can make it so that it fits snug against the sides of the stem. I had to do that for Nathan and his Specialized since he had very narrow straight sections before the handlebar top flattened out.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

That's pretty much exactly what I'm after, would allow me to use my Light & motion front light/gopro mount cleanly :)

Mine would also be similar to Nathans as I'm probably going to be using Aerofly bars with zipp carbon stem (50mm wide).
Using Tapatalk

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

When you get your setup I will need a few measurements and we can go from there.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Thank you, look forward to it :)
Using Tapatalk

xterrastrial

by xterrastrial

xterrastrial wrote:
WheresWaldo wrote:Paul,

It's done and up on the same page as the rest of the BOLT Aero mounts, so you go and choose accordingly, BOLT Mounts

Extra Small = BMC ICStem Mount (This should also fit the upper Bontrager Blendr mount)
Small = Bontrager Blendr High Mount (This approximates the overall dimensions of the OEM Garmin High Mount)
Medium = Bontrager Blendr Low Mount (This approximates the overall dimensions of the OEM Garmin Low Mount)

Ordered! Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMC ICStem mount for Wahoo Elemnt Bolt arrived and works/fits perfectly. Thx!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Paul, can I post these pictures on my Shapeways page and at another forum (bikeforums.net)?

Don't forget to tell you riding buddies.

xterrastrial

by xterrastrial

WheresWaldo wrote:Paul, can I post these pictures on my Shapeways page and at another forum (bikeforums.net)?

Don't forget to tell you riding buddies.

Yes, you can. And I'll tell my LBS who sells a lot of BMC.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I am going to send you a PM with my contact email address if you can send them to me, thank you.

thanksbye

by thanksbye

Hi Waldo,

Do you do any mounts for the new Lezyne computers?

Ideally a Lezyne to Garmin so I can use a garmin/GoPro mount.

Jon

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Jon,

I am not familiar with any of the line of Lezyne computers, are you located in the US?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com