Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

WW, maybe it would worthwhile to look at making a Garmin mount for some of the aero road bars where a standard out front mount won't work? I'm sure there is some demand out there.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@53x12, I am sure there is too, but it is not easy to design something that will work since there is no standard aero shape. I am just an enthusiast like all of you guys and can't afford to go out and buy a bunch of handlebars to make ones that work. It is hard enough with aero seat posts, as I rely on you guys to get me the shape measurements or cut off section or spacers to make sure it fits well. At least round is round.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I just added a bunch of Garmin Edge Combo mounts for Deda's 35 mm handlebars. They all use my newly redesigned Edge mount that accepts the Garmin Edge series of bike computers in portrait and landscape modes, as well as the Fenix and Forerunner Watches without unscrewing or moving any pieces. Instead of using a quarter-turn it is designed to use an eighth-turn to lock the device in place. They come in both left side and right side mounts as well as short and XL versions.

Note: XL versions are not currently available until I can find a way to stiffen them up considerably.
Last edited by WheresWaldo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sub7kg

by sub7kg

Has anyone made a mount for the EPS interface?

Synnove

by Synnove

I wonder if any one has tired to fabricate an aero seatpost fairing for older TT bikes that use a standard seat post...

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@sub7kg - This is for the Campy electronic? Does it clip in or use ties? It doesn't look like it clips but rather uses rubber o-rings

@Synnove - What type of thing did you have in mind maybe something that snaps around a 27.2 seat post and tapers toward the back. I am not sure how much aero advantage you would gain for the trouble since the seat post is in dirty air.

sub7kg

by sub7kg

WheresWaldo wrote:@sub7kg - This is for the Campy electronic? Does it clip in or use ties? It doesn't look like it clips but rather uses rubber o-rings

@Synnove - What type of thing did you have in mind maybe something that snaps around a 27.2 seat post and tapers toward the back. I am not sure how much aero advantage you would gain for the trouble since the seat post is in dirty air.

You can either mount it under the stem with a garmin type rubber band. Mine is currently zip tied to the brake cable. Would me nice to fit it under a garmin out front mount.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@sub7kg, I am not sure how I can help with this as it would appear you could mount it to the underside of nearly any out front type Garmin mount with outdoor or auto trim double-sided tape or with smaller o-rings.

glepore

by glepore

Just a comment-the flat Di2 mount is very nice, mounted it to the underside of an out front style Garmin mount that I fab'd for a set of integrated bars. Used 3m body moulding tape, very secure and very unobtrusive.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@glepore, Thanks for the kind words. I use the tape on one under my stem also. It was the best thing I did besides going Di2. No unsightly rubber straps or O-rings.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Just added a few spacer Di2 Junction 'A' clips on Shapeways. It is a 5 mm headset spacer with a Di2 Junction 'A' clip extending out the front. I have models that are 17°, 10° and 0°, I still prefer the tape on one better since it is a cleaner installation and will always perfectly match the angle of the stem.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Last week what I think is a team of some sort ordered a bunch of the tape on Di2 clips, asked about it in a private message but never heard back. I am still wondering who it was.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Just added a bunch of ION Air camera stuff. Seems as though, since Contour bought them, they are now the abondoned step child of the action cam market.

And at least one person bought a Garmin Varia RearView Radar system. I created a mount that would go from a GoPro (he had a K-Edge Saddle Rail Mount) to the Garmin Varia/Edge Quarter-turn mount.
Garmin Varia/Edge To GoPro Adapter Mount

I also suppose this would work for Velodrome riders that cannot handlebar mount their Garmin for recording data on the handlebars.

Also a Dinotte light mount for the Giant TCR Advanced ISP
Giant TCR Advanced ISP Blinking Light Mount

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Turn any flat sureface into a Garmin mount or Garmin compatible mount tab, per customer requests:

The first is a Garmin socket flat mount, just use extreme (outdoor) double-sided tape to mount a garmin Quarter-turn device onto any flat surface. Uses my redesigned Eighth-Turn socket so that devices can be mounted in either landscape or portrait orientation without modification.
Garmin Eighth-Turn Socket Flat Mount

The second is the actual pronged mount meant also to be installed on a flat surface.
Garmin Quarter-Turn Flat Mount

Mounting surface on both items is approximately 2 inches (50.8 mm).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Just added GoPro Mounts that are designed for exact fits on Pinarello Dogma seat posts. They fit the Dogma 65.1, the Dogma 60.1 and the Dogma 2 since they all use the same seat post profile.