Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

AndreLM

by AndreLM

WheresWaldo wrote:...would it be okay to post any of your pictures of the product in use?
Absolutely! You made this for me a few years ago:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kennethb

by kennethb

@WheresWaldo, you seem to be the magician on duty for computer mounts! Have you already designed a Wahoo Bolt mount (the aero shaped one) for the Canyon H36 Aerocockpit? I see you sell your design via Shapeways. I have access to a 3D printer, would it also be possible to only buy the design?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kennethb I do not sell my 3D Source files, but I can help you with some information if you want to design one yourself. Please note that most consumer 3D printers are not precise enough nor is the technology correct for a computer mount. Unless your personl printer is a FormLabs Fuse 1 or some other Laser Sintering type of printer I would not suggest self printing.

Wahoo Fitness is very forward thinking and have released versions of their mounts into the Public Domain. They are in this repository: https://github.com/wahoofitness/ELEMNT-Mount

If you want me to design one, the only way to get it is through my Shapeways page. I would only need a few measurements.

kennethb

by kennethb

@WheresWaldo, thanks for the quick reply and tips. I don't have a high end printer. However, being a bit stubborn, I will have a go with the files from Github first. If (when) this fails, I will come crawling back!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kennethb I have two printers and neither are high end, each using a different printing technology. Even though I have been doing this for nearly 3 years now, I still don't trust those printers to mount any expensive devices on my bike. I am a customer of my own stuff on Shapeways for that.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Hello everyone, I have a few new things up on my Shapeways page. A custom mount for someone that has an SRM with the PC8 and ocassionally wanted to use a Wahoo BOLT, so I made a BOLT aero mount that snaps into a SRM PC8 mount. A Cateye and Fly6ce combination rack mount. A version of the Wahoo mount for the 3T Integra Stem Garmin 1000 mount. Trek Domane seat mast mounts for the Bontrager Flare RT and the Moon Nebula tail lights.

And Shapeways has a website set up for my pages, it is an experiemental site that allows me to brand my own products to be printed and fulfilled by Shapeways but more user friendly. The plan is for them to do all the marketing, SEO and create campaigns in order to promote more business, they even created a unique domain that removes the Shapeways branding from the website. I am telling everyone here first, since some of my biggest supporters are here on WeightWeenies. Just to be clear, this is separate from my Shapeways pages and self contained but includes all the items I currently have modeled on Shapeways. I will still frequent this site and I will still be available to anyone that wants something special for their baby. Everything will still be up on Shapeways pages. Shapeways has tools to see how well the site is performing and for getting feedback, they will provide me with a condensed version of that information. What I would love to hear is some direct feedback from you guys. I want to know if this is something that will be an effective way to market and grow this hobby as a business. At some point I would love to upgrade my 2012 Cannondale EVO to 11-speed Di2. Any feedback is appreciated even harsh feedback, since it won't hurt my feelings at all. The website is located at https://revolutionmounts.com

Everything is a work in progress, so any and all suggestions will be explored and any and all comments are welcome.

Wildh

by Wildh

Awesome. Thanks for doing these! Waiting for my blendr Wahoo bolt attachment as I type.

Has anyone requested a blendr attachment for a niterider Lumina?

I have a 9 series madone with the 2 mount blendr attachment. Would love to be able to have the Wahoo bolt on the top and slide my niterider Lumina in below it.

It looks like the niterider mako series users the same attachment mech as well.

kode54

by kode54

@WheresWaldo,

is the Enve Di2 mount inbetween the empty space? and you said it mounts with a slightly longer (5mm) bolt.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@kode54 The Enve Di2 mount is something that goes directly underneath the existing Garmin mount not inbetween the arms. You are speaking of this one http://shpws.me/ONXX

@Wildh If I could measure the Lumina mount I could create a combo mount for the Madone

kode54

by kode54

that is correct. i now see that you included the little nub to keep it from moving.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

oh, i've been using the older version (shorter as well) that has a nub at 3 o'clock position. the newer ones have 2 nubs, one at 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

is that correct? if i want one for the old one...do you have to make a round base (like the K-edge one) with a nub?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Wildh

by Wildh

WheresWaldo wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:18 pm
@kode54 The Enve Di2 mount is something that goes directly underneath the existing Garmin mount not inbetween the arms. You are speaking of this one http://shpws.me/ONXX

@Wildh If I could measure the Lumina mount I could create a combo mount for the Madone
Sure. What measurements do you need?

Also, I have the double blndr base already so really would only need it to attach that. My plan is to use the top one to attach the Wahoo bolt, then use the bottom open blendr slot to attach a light when needed.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Wildh, I assumed that so basically you need a Lumina GoPro mount, doesn't niterider already have such a thing?

@kode54, I am still baffled that Enve did two version of that mount, I could make the base round and put the nub at 3 o'clock it would still mount the same way. Send me a picture of the bottom of your Enve mount.

ms6073

by ms6073

WheresWaldo wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 pm
Everything is a work in progress, so any and all suggestions will be explored and any and all comments are welcome
Not directly related, but assuming this is a link to your Shapeways page for the Fizik ICS / Cygolite Adapter V2, prior to your new site going live, I ordered several copies in Black Strong & Flexible and Black Acrylic and in all but one instance, I was unable to insert the mount into the ICS slot in the rear of a Fizik Kurve Snake carbon saddle without damaging that part of the mount. Seems like the clamp area is ever so slightly to wide.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wildh

by Wildh

WheresWaldo wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:03 am
@Wildh, I assumed that so basically you need a Lumina GoPro mount, doesn't niterider already have such a thing?

@kode54, I am still baffled that Enve did two version of that mount, I could make the base round and put the nub at 3 o'clock it would still mount the same way. Send me a picture of the bottom of your Enve mount.
I guess i was assuming that the GoPro mount and the blendr mount are different. But you are saying that GoPro and blendr are cross compatible? If so then yes niterider does make one.