Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@cDaero, I finished up mounts that match the one you posted with a Wahoo Fitness mount instead of Garmin. It is approriately sized for ELEMNT or BOLT devices (it is not aero shaped). It is a combination of Wahoo, GoPro and uses the integrated stem mounts from Bontrager or BMC.

Here are links to the 3D model
ELEMNT sized
BOLT sized

Here is the Shapeways page link, please note sizes are SMALL & LARGE, as listed in the description.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cDaero

by cDaero

Very much appreciated!

Bikeboy73

by Bikeboy73

@WheresWaldo
I have been searching the Internet for a Wahoo mount as a replacement insert to the Garmin on my 3T Integra stem, but no luck. Maybe I have been looking in the wrong places?
Now I have bought an adaptor (maybe yours @WheresWaldo?) from Shapeways, but it just does not look as (aero) smooth with my Elmnt Bolt as it could with a proper insert instead... The adaptor builds some 7 mm or so. A Wahoo Elemnt Bolt insert would really go well with the aero design of the Bolt!

My current setup, with an adaptor: https://photos.app.goo.gl/76rpmy7UGKosDI6O2

Have you created any such insert for the 3T Integra stem integrated mount?
https://roadbikeaction.com/rba-tech-3t- ... -ltd-stem/

glepore

by glepore

@bikeboy-not to jump in, but what I did with an integra on the Cento was to take out the garmin adaptor and put in a Kedge wahoo puck-its bright blue and doesn't fill the space fully, but the wahoo mounted on it looks awesome. I had to glue it in place, but suspect it could be removed and revert back. Doesn't look all that good when empty, but who cares? Painiting it black would solve that.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Bikeboy73

I could do something with that. I have never seen that Garmin mount in person, but with proper dimensions I could build something that would work. Where are you located? It would attach at the two read screws because the front screw would interfere with the Wahoo locking tab but I think that would be enough. Just let me know if you want me to work on something like this.

Bikeboy73

by Bikeboy73

Thanks @glepore!
This solution has crossed my mind as well... since I do have a 3D printed puck or adaptor for the Garmin mount, that turns it into a Wahoo mount. I guess this will be Plan B. ;-)
Appreciate your comment!

Bikeboy73

by Bikeboy73

Thanks for the quick reply @WheresWaldo!
I am however located a few bike rides away from you... in Sweden, but I will check the critical measurements (L x W, screw holes position, others?) and get back to you, and you could judge if that is good enough to start up something like this.

Bikeboy73

by Bikeboy73

@WheresWaldo
I have now added a sketch of the Garmin insert to my shared album
https://photos.app.goo.gl/76rpmy7UGKosDI6O2
The only missing measurement would be the thickness; 5.5 mm
Please check if this is all you need for a design! Thanks!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Bikeboy73

Are the screws M3 flat head or socket head? How long are they?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Here is a mock-up http://a360.co/2IFQLkc

Not finished until you tell me what size the screws are and whether or not they are recessed.

Bikeboy73

by Bikeboy73

😀
Flat head 7 mm long T8 screws. Recessed ca 4 mm.
There are also a square 2.5 mm cutout at the base, centered, as well as one 4.2 mm at the top. See added picture of the insert upside down in the album.
But I could probably cut that out with a sharp knife... 😎

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

T8 is the size of the Torx (Star) I am still assuming they are 3 mm threads? If you tell me the measurements of the two locating recesses I will model those in from the start. That is super easy to do. I also assume the recesses are equal on both sides and centered.

Maybe after you get yours, we can convince @glepore to get rid of the glued adapter.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

One last note, because of the design of the Wahoo mount, the insert modeled here is 6 mm thick. so it will stick up ever so slightly. I can see how much I can pare it down to get as close to 5.5 mm as possible.

Nevermind, it is now 5.5 mm thick

Bikeboy73

by Bikeboy73

Yes i do think the threads of he screws are 3 mm.
The recesses, centered at top and bottom, are actually different in size: 2.5 mm wide at the base, and 4.2 mm wide at the top. They are approximately 2 mm deep. (Tricky measuring these small things!) I tried to take a picture of the insert upside-down but it turned out so-so...
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP ... Znzx5-sbzR

Really appreciating your work!

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Bikeboy75, done

I will upload the model to Shapeways right away and post a link for you and every other 3T Integra owner.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com