Camera Mounts and Assorted 3D Printed Parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

WheresWaldo wrote:@nathanong87, how much longer? Do you think 10 mm will give you enough room? or do you need more?

nathanong87 wrote:bud, anychance this can be made available but for 520 (slightly longer than 500?)? just picked up an ARX faceplate and i think the barfly solution's position is a bit high for my liking.

currently , what's the distance from the faceplate edge to the center of the mount?

edit: the barfly might be ok. Let me get back to you after this weekend on request. Dont want to make you mock something up if need isn't there. Appreciate it as always Bud :)

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Current version is 42 mm from face to middle of Garmin mount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

This is for people wanting to mount a Wahoo ELEMNT low on the front of a Fizik or 3T stem with the slotted face. It requires the Bar Fly Direct MINI stem mount for all mounting hardware.

Wahoo ELEMNT Bar Fly MINI Replacement Arm

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

nathanong87 wrote:bud, anychance this can be made available but for 520 (slightly longer than 500?)? just picked up an ARX faceplate and i think the barfly solution's position is a bit high for my liking.
currently , what's the distance from the faceplate edge to the center of the mount?

edit: the barfly might be ok. Let me get back to you after this weekend on request. Dont want to make you mock something up if need isn't there. Appreciate it as always Bud :)

I think the 520 and 500 are the same size, butr I made a slightly longer one here that should fit the 8xx series. It should be a better fit than the original one I made for kwalker and stiffer too. Let me know if I need to shorten it up for the 5xx series.

Slightly lengthened Barfly low mounting position replacement arm

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

This is for people who would like to mount a Varia Headlight on any normal Garmin Edge Mount. It is about 4 mm thick.

Double-sided Garmin Male Adapter

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I'm not sure if it's asked before but could you do a headset spacer for Sony AZ1 camera's?

It should mount to the bike like this but hold a Sony camera or feature a tripod mount. Is that feasible?

[Edit]
Like the combination of this
https://www.shapeways.com/product/8RZ9D ... d=57251508
and
https://www.shapeways.com/product/G77PX ... d=57537286
Ride it like you stole it

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

@Tomstr
You do realize that a 5 mm arm canted out far enough for a AZ1 will be very shaky!

For handlebar mounting It might be better to get a K-Edge and the adapter. But if you really want one I can work on it.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I hadn't thought of that to be honest. I was planning on mounting it as low as possible to mitigate most of the vibrations but if you mount it a centimetre higher it becomes a diveboard. Do you advise a GoPro mount instead?

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

I am not sure how I would mount it. Personally I use a K-Edge Combo mount that allows a GoPro (actually my Sony with the adapter) under the Garmin Edge. But on my mountain bike I used a Skewer mount to mount the camera low. I did design a Skewer mount that used the KCNC skewer adapter for the required hardware.

Otherwise I don't have a good think to suggest to minimize vibrations and I have tried everything, you just can't eliminate them all.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I was thinking along the lines of this and a GoPro headset spacer. It provides low stack height and allows you to adjust the angle per bike or recording if needed. It doesn't have to be very long as the Sony's tripod-style mount is at the rear of the camera. The pin in the GoPro adapter is a nice touch to make sure it's always straight.

https://www.amazon.com/Rec-mounts-Conve ... FP1GGK7YRT

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

So, what if I made a new bottom plate that moves the GoPro section of the AZ1 all the way to the back edge. It would eliminate the need for the tripod mounting plate or the waterproof housing and the adapter you just linked to. Something like this:
Then all you would need to find is a very short GoPro mount. That would help reduce vibrations but as we all know not completely eliminate them.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

WheresWaldo wrote:Current version is 42 mm from face to middle of Garmin mount.

turns out not needed at the moment. sorry false alarm. the barfly is an ok solution for current stem requirements. Will send u email to re-visit slice top cap though... that's an infuriating problem i still have lol

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

No problem, you know how to reach me. The Slice is a great bike with a few rather annoying quirks, that top cap arrangement is one of those.

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

Just finished up another project, Mike wanted a way to quick-release a Delta-Cycle Smartphone Caddy and we came up with this mount. It replaces the little screw on section with one that has a Garmin Quarter-turn mount under it. We had both contacted Delta Cycle before starting this project but they appeared uninterested in doing this themselves or providing any assistance to getting this done.

On the bike it looks like this, you can see the original screw just peeking out under the mount. It used the original Delta Cycle hardware. The Garmin handlebar mount is just a cheap Amazon offering.
Photos used with permission

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Just received the 2 camera mounts designed by WheresWaldo, thanks!