Scicon Aerocomfort bag - track frame?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

liam7020

by liam7020

I’m in the market for a new bike bag/box and at present I’m leaning towards the Scicon Aerocomfort 2.0 TSA bag which gets great reviews. I mainly travel with a road bike but there may be occasions later this year when I will be travelling with a track bike. Given that the rear spacing on the track frame is only 120mm (as opposed to 130mm on the road bike) I’m wondering if the aluminium stand that is provided with the Scicon Aerocomfort bag would be able to accommodate the narrower rear dropouts of the track frame?
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Svetty

by Svetty

Don't think so without modifications. You could however shorten the metal spacer tube by 5mm each end with a hack - saw and retain the off-cuts to use as spacer extenders ( or just use a few loose washers when using with road bike). Hence would have a 120mm or 130mm dropout spacer to use as needed. Simples!

Only downside is that it really is huge and some airport Xray scanners struggle to accommodate it. I've not yet had it refused but I fear that may occur at some point. A smaller bag might be a better bet if you fly frequently with it.