bike shop name

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

where are you from? what sort of customers do you aim at? are you going to offer stock bikes or do some fancy customs? name is the first and most noticeable element of your business identity and IMO deserves to be thought through rather well :smartass:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Flame Rouge?

Nipples? That one will get you tons of hits... :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

voodoojar

by voodoojar

my vote is for "Velocipedophiles" I think kids will love the name.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

In Toronto we have a Velotique http://velotique.com/about-us/
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

airsky

by airsky

How about bikeboutique.. do you think it sound good

WheresWaldo
in the industry

by WheresWaldo

To name a shop is a very important thing, it has to be evident to non-cyclists that it is a bike shop and adding bike shop to the name is usually not suffienct or practical.

Here is the process we went through. With my family involved, we had 4 different people thinking about names, for a solid week each of us came up with a list of every name we could think of. We did this as an individual task. After that we merged the list which now numbered over 100 names. We elimintated the ones that were already registered in our State, dropping the list to about 70. When then handed out the list and asked each of ourselves to pick out the ten we liked the best. This actually dropped the list to about 25 names, since there were duplicates. We then discussed all 25 between us. My wife, the non-cyclist was the arbitrator of the discussion. We were trying to pare the names down to 5. When we looked at the list there were some really creative names on the list. Problem was, if you were into Sci-fi, or esoterric and eclectic names, my wife's first response would be, "I don't get it." (Remember she is the non-cyclist) From that we got a list of five, from those five we selected our name.

Hope this is of some value to you.