2015 On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stang1

by stang1

Western Australia

Im getting addicted to a 1 pic / ride habit. (Iphone 6)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

basilic

by basilic

Kjetil, get well!
nice road Stang. What are those trees?
short ride today:

eurperg

by eurperg

danoontje wrote:@eurperg, i really love your photo's and taste in bikes/cycling. Thank you for sharing :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for your kind words!

wojchiech

by wojchiech

basilic, may I ask what camera you use? The quality of your photos are always superb, and not just in composition. ;) You may have mentioned it but a quick search came up empty.

My digital point and shoot camera is starting to fall apart (lens cover broken, control buttons coming loose etc.) and I'm looking for a new camera. If anyone else has any camera recommendations I'd love to hear them. iphones don't count :P :beerchug:

wojchiech

by wojchiech

for the past couple weeks I've been riding the same area (Santa Cruz county, Big Basin State Park), but adding fire access and service roads has increased my route options exponentially. The terrain is a little more demanding, but then I look and around and realize it's worth it.

basilic

by basilic

wojchiech, thanks. Panasonic lx5. The wide angle end (24 equivalent) is what I use most, maybe 80% of the pics, and you don't get that with a phone. I fell on it a couple of yrs ago (side pocket), there is now a black speck within the lens that I have to edit out, the flash is gone and some of the manual settings, the battery door jams... I don't know current offerings, heard good things about sony R100 (?). Frankly if someone made a fixed length 24mm pocket camera that's what I would get.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

finished my first attempt at p123 stage racing. The tour of page county in luray VA. Done it as a cat4 and cat3 fields in the past with good results. Very tough racing with fast teams represented. I was racing alone so it was very tough mentally and physically for me. Even ben kings little bro came out to race from Cal-giant, he lives close to the area. Learned a lot.... suffered a lot... crashed in the crit after two people in front of me hit pole, his bike flew into road, guy in front hit bike, i hit guy , and blew up my friend's enve 3.4 front wheel ugh..... But i got my 'FREE" lap, dried the blood and set off to finish this tough figure 8 course with tough finishing climb. I was looking mad haggard with 'holy' rapha bibs, borrowed from wheel, etc...ugh lol. Based on the field, my expectations, i am quite happy to leave with my results and had fun hanging with teammates and friends from other teams!

5th in the RR , 12th in TT , 12th in crit, 10th overall (was 8th before the crit, but i couldn't fend off close rivals in the sprint)

spaceship ayeeee

my 30 second man in front of me.

crit was sodope.

then post meal was real dope.
Last edited by nathanong87 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

nathanong87 wrote:spaceship ayeeee

I suppose it's time for my first "illest dude" :thumbup: :wink:

bura

by bura

basilic wrote:nice road Stang. What are those trees?

Look like Eucalyptus trees for me.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:spaceship ayeeee

I suppose it's time for my first "illest dude" :thumbup: :wink:

ayeeeee =)

stang1

by stang1

@basilic, sorry mate, I really wouldnt know, but its very common in Western Australia, and the tree FLAKES off its skin periodically !

Dalai

by Dalai

stang1 wrote:@basilic, sorry mate, I really wouldnt know, but its very common in Western Australia, and the tree FLAKES off its skin periodically !

Definitely Eucalyptus trees as pointed out correctly by bura. Not 100% of species in WA but looks like a Spotted Gum...

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

nathanong87 wrote: But i got my 'FREE" lap, dried the blood and set off to finish this tough figure 8 course ....
Ha ha, this reminds me of advice in a book by Greg Lemond many years ago. Greg advised lowering tire pressure if it was raining at the start of a criterium. Then he addressed the scenario in which it's not raining at the start of the criterium, but you think it might rain during the race. In this case, Greg recommended against lowering the tire pressure because it would be a disadvantage when it was not raining, and if it did start raining during the race, as a result of which you crashed, you could lower the tire pressure during your free lap. A rather cavalier attitude toward crashing. BTW, in a San Francisco criterium stage of the 1985 Coors Classic, I saw Greg crash in just about the last lap eligible for FREE lap, use his free lap. and go on to win the stage ( I think the crash helped him by giving him a chance to rest during the free lap).

BTW, how steep were those hills (they look very short, but sweet)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Great job! Tough courses and a really fun race. I hope you have received the internet validation that is so desperately craved!
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike