2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Super consistent in losing chunks of time in the first week by riding at the back, then going on desperate stage hunts in the third week?

Don't get me wrong, dude is super talented, and is a GT winner, but he had me screaming at the TV every time I saw him at the back of the field during the Giro. Which was quite often. A lesser talent would win a whole hell of a lot less with the tactics he employs, that's for sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

109er

by 109er

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryder_Hesjedal

pretty dang consistent.

And also consider he was supposed to ride in support of Dan Martin in a few races.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

53x12

by 53x12

LeDuke wrote:Perhaps I'm just being overly sensitive, but whoever wrote the captions for this gallery was pretty disrespectful. Domestic women's teams don't have the same budgets as WorldTour teams? You don't say.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sram-wi ... challenge/

I think you are over reacting. They are just stating the truth. Sometimes that hurts.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Antoine

by Antoine

With Hesjedal Trek will have about 10 riders at or over 35 years old in 2016 ...

Impressive win by C.Ewan, 21 only, not a good news for others sprinters.

Mohoric who is 3 months younger has not shown much yet.

martinko

by martinko

CerveloBert wrote:
deek wrote:I got a chuckle out of this quote from Valverde after today's stage:

“I knew it was him (Sagan) because I kept getting flashes of his hair."

I also get a pretty good laugh out of Sagan post-race interviews as well. I was hoping he'd allude to the size of his testicles again. Great finish today though!

That finish was for me more entertaining (and, given the results, surprising that he didn't get dropped) than his defend of leader's jersey at ToC, or even some TdF stages. Rodriguez, Valverde, and other climbers around him, and he stayed with them in a finish which wasn't hard as he (they) had expected, it was harder.

And, as happens every year, that was in grand tour less popular than TdF, but always more entertaining. No play with stress or week of sprint stages - "let's finish stages with climbs in first week, so there is more fun."

Tomstr

by Tomstr

I think Ryder Hesjedal could do well at Trek. He's a bit like Cadel Evans to me. Not a great amount of wins, but some great wins instead. All of them accomplished by holding the f*ck on or long raids.

If Trek racing sorts him out with a decent rouleur as a bodyguard I can see him scoring big in the next years. If they have one or two guys who can be relay in the mountain stages Hesjedal and Mollema could be scoring well.
Ride it like you stole it

KWalker

by KWalker

Lets not forget Hes has had some ultra shitty squads supporting him the past 2 seasons since the old guard at Garmin all retired.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

DanW

by DanW

I couldn't care less about Hesjedal. He's never going to be strong on GC again and I think the reasons for this are fairly clear. TFR suits him- no real pressure for consistency and occasionally go nuts having lost enough time on GC to be let off the leash by the peleton. Martin is more frustrating because he clearly has the talent but is quite open about not wanting a strict training regime and is more happy to just enjoy his time on the bike. Anyone who was suggesting a few weeks ago that he may go to SKY was off their rocker as the two appear polar opposites :D

ultyguy

by ultyguy

So do we need to start taking Chaves seriously as a GC candidate at the Vuelta? Dumoulin too? Are the big boys just keeping their powder dry while they get back into race mode?

edit- Chaves w/ an 's' not a 'z'
Last edited by ultyguy on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

martinko

by martinko

It was different Chavez than before. Actually, Chaves, if I recall correctly.

EDIT: Ah, no, it was the same Chaves (OGE). :) My mistake.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Let's talk about it after today's stage has finished ;)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

prebsy

by prebsy

ultyguy wrote:So do we need to start taking Chaves seriously as a GC candidate at the Vuelta? Dumoulin too? Are the big boys just keeping their powder dry while they get back into race mode?

edit- Chaves w/ an 's' not a 'z'

I was thinking the same thing. Especially with Tom and that flat TT at stage 17 but man then i remembered stage 11. I'm setting the over under at 20min back.

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

Stetina to Trek. I honestly don't know what to think about that. I didn't even realize he was in play.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

another motorcycle hitting a rider? what is this...amateur hour?

ALS

by ALS

If you are talking about Cousin I looked again and I think he just over lapped the wheel of the Lampre guy, motorbike seemed to be further behind

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com