2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I generally don't wish people harm, but if there's anyone that I'd want taken out in a sprint finish, Bouhanni would be it. Dude is a jackass.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

KWalker wrote:Do juniors with masters since their dads are probably racing and driving them to the race anyways.

This isn't so crazy. It could be good racing with energetic u23's and cunning older ex-pros or something like that.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Rider 15 not getting invites to ToC, Utah, or USPC and riding the Vuelta a Columbia would be so perfect.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

djm wrote:Edvald Boasson Hagen beats Odd Christian Eiking (FDJ from August) in the toughest nationals course, at least in the last 15-20 years. EBH will sport both nat. champ. jerseys in the TdF. Almost for Vegard Stake Laengen in third, after spending a whole heck of a lot of kms alone.

Also worth mentioning is that Sven Erik Bystrøm (KAT) closed a big gap before the finish, bringing EBH and others to a trio in front. Kristoff definitely could not win in such a tough course, and Bystrøm apparently wanted to help EBH.

Holy crap, just watched the finish on youtube. The 2 Joker guys and Nordhaug kind messed that one up a bit but that was an insane effort from EBH. Looked like HTC vintage, good to see him doing his thing again!

p.s. the EBH owes that Lotto guy a few beers for sitting on the front of their group for so long

LeDuke

by LeDuke

^^^ I'm waiting for the negative commentary about disc brakes.

That said, if little Ms. Terpstra gets rides from Daddy, or rides with Daddy, to school every day, that's awesome.

Also, I watched the last 10km of the British national champs road race. Sky could have had all three steps on the podium if they hadn't chased their own guy and made Cavendish do the work. Not very impressed.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

im happy they all raced as individuals in that regard. it was exciting. honestly i just got a feeling that they wanted all wanted the jersey. I was more surprised how much work cav did when it was just him and kennaugh.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Yeah, and I get that aspect at a National Championship. Team orders until they blow the race apart, and then every man for himself at the end.

However, they'd have had quite a bit of pie on the face if Cav had been (even) stronger. Seriously impressed by his ride. Didn't think he had those sort of legs. Always been a reluctant fan, but it seems he's turning into a more multidimensional rider. Very cool.

JamieL

by JamieL

Yep. A lot of respect for Cav. The way he shut down and then countered an early move i was in at the BC champs was proper impressive. Pretty sure i would have been mixing it up at the end except for:

;-)

KWalker

by KWalker

LeDuke wrote:Yeah, and I get that aspect at a National Championship. Team orders until they blow the race apart, and then every man for himself at the end.

However, they'd have had quite a bit of pie on the face if Cav had been (even) stronger. Seriously impressed by his ride. Didn't think he had those sort of legs. Always been a reluctant fan, but it seems he's turning into a more multidimensional rider. Very cool.

He has always been like this especially in national championship events. People forget that he still has massive power. According to the book Faster, his 5min power going into London was around 470w and I believe his weight was <140. British nats usually has shorter hills so its no surprise he can hang in and be aggressive. Plus the tactics are far different than his normal races.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Which one's you Jamie? There are a few Neon guys on the deck there! Nightmare.

Not a bad job in the TT though, :)
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

djconnel

by djconnel

Nibali on Tarmac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Garmin going to Tour with "three leaders." Should be some interesting subplots coming out of that team bus.
Is that a custom black/green Evade on the dude sitting in the grass? That thing looks sweet.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

JamieL

by JamieL

Yep, those Pedal Heaven Evades are pretty sweet. I'm the VELO guy on the right. went down first, had everyone come over the top of me so tucked up until it stopped. Just a bit of road rash and some bruising.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Pretty typical of JV to be vague about leadership and expectations for a GT with the press. Let me break it down for you.

Martin can't do a 3 week race for GC. Will go for a mtn stage.
Ryder will fly under the radar early on and do something in the final week when others are cooked.
Talansky will be one of the GC guys just trying to hold on to the big four.