2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xena
Banned

by xena

wingguy wrote:Yeah, because you ignored it all the first time and just said what you said all over again. Saying 'Quintana would have won if dot dot dot' is unknowable.

No I did not ignore your posts , I disagree with you opinion. Of course I am going to repeat myself if I get asked the same question. My view has not changed. You will not change it, I disagree with you view.

I will respond one last time

You cannot prove that Quintana could not have attacked earlier.
You are only making an assumption that he could not have attacked earlier on previous stages, the same way as I assume he could have attacked earlier.
That is where our views differ.

:beerchug:
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

nathanong87 wrote:get a grip richie!!! :P

kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

froome wheelie-ing is respectable !

KB

by KB

maquisard wrote:I actually think this was one of the more enjoyable Tours in recent memory, up there with 2011.

I agree Froome looks awful on the bike, but I was actually quite impressed with his riding this year, especially on the descents. As for unexciting attacks, what do you call the Pyrenees?!

Agree. On the bike his style is terrible, the worst I've seen. I always thought Michel Pollentier looked awful on a bike, but Froome makes him look elegant. It was that attack on stage 10 that riled the French media. So, by definition he rode with panache, attacking in the 'grand manner'. I thought the 1st week was about the best I've seen: Zeeland, Mur de Huy, the cobbled stage. Also, the form of Tony Martin was mighty impressive. Thereafter I expected more from Movistar and Quintana because I thought Valverde helped him quite well.

I also think that Sky have to put to bed all the conjecture and publish their results. The fact that Pinot apparently puts his results up on Strava etc is the way to go for everyone. What Sallet postulated seems to be way off the mark, but then so does the numbers put out by Kerrison. There needs to be a common ground to stop the nonsense.

wingguy

by wingguy

xena wrote:No I did not ignore your posts , I disagree with you opinion. Of course I am going to repeat myself if I get asked the same question.

So if it's ok to repeat one's self why did you get pissy about it just now? :noidea:

I don't need to prove that Quintana could not have attacked earlier because I'm not saying that he could have or that he couldn't have, I'm saying that it's impossible to know. You are just arguing against yourself now - applying your own standard you have to be able to prove that Quintana could have attacked earlier and held on to his gains if you want to say that he would have managed it... which you can't do.

ave

by ave

nathanong87 wrote:get a grip richie!!! :P

Wow, this was a moment where is almost lost the tour. An unlucky crash, breaking something, and he might have been unable to do even one lap...

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Giro and Vuelta are more exciting that TdF. This year just showed that again. Can't speak for Vuelta yet, but the 2015 Giro >>>>> 2015 TdF.

xena
Banned

by xena

wingguy wrote:
xena wrote:No I did not ignore your posts , I disagree with you opinion. Of course I am going to repeat myself if I get asked the same question.

So if it's ok to repeat one's self why did you get pissy about it just now? :noidea:

I don't need to prove that Quintana could not have attacked earlier because I'm not saying that he could have or that he couldn't have, I'm saying that it's impossible to know. You are just arguing against yourself now - applying your own standard you have to be able to prove that Quintana could have attacked earlier and held on to his gains if you want to say that he would have managed it... which you can't do.

I certainly was not Pi%%y. I was just stating the fact if you ask the same question you will get the same answer. Nothing else meant by it.

If I was you I would not get so upset about a view that differs from your own. You were the one who said I could not prove he could have attacked early.....Not me.
I have agreed with you and just pointed out that you cannot prove he couldn't.
I then said we have different views so lets move on.
You obviously can't let it go. If you want to respond again that's up to you.
But I am moving on cheers.
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

AGW

by AGW

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Get pissy and/or hug it out via PM/email?

If you thought this tour was boring I have to question how long you have been a cycling fan for. That was an awesome 3 weeks of racing and I am not a huge fan of the Tour. Froome could have easily lost it on the penultimate day if he cracked and if Movistar hadn't botched it in the crosswinds the GC battle would have been down to seconds. My only complaint is having to listen to Phil & Paul's senile, dumbed down commentary with 'jensie' on the Canadian broadcast.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

nathanong87 wrote:froome wheelie-ing is respectable !

Karl Pilkington struggling to do a wheelie is respectable, yes.

Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jeffy

by jeffy

i expected Cervelo + Enve would be quite happy to pay Cavendish and Renshaw's salaries.

5DII

by 5DII

What time difference between the 2nd place guy and the yellow jersey is it considered ok to attack the yellow jersey in stage 21?

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

around 50 seconds or so

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

5DII wrote:What time difference between the 2nd place guy and the yellow jersey is it considered ok to attack the yellow jersey in stage 21?

given the time was neutralized when they hit Paris, there's not much you can do about time gaps.. apart from attacking at the very beginning when the leader's celebrating and drinking champagne at the back :idea:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.