2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pastronef

by pastronef

KWalker wrote:
hornedfrog wrote:I think we've lost him to dirty hipsterdom as he appears to be joining soon-to-be-jobless whiney uber douche Lachlan Morton on some sort of bike ride they're going to dramatize and turn into a movie about how it sucks to have a job that lets you use a natural ability to make money.

wow
:o :mrgreen: 8)

speeddemon

by speeddemon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

Say it ain't so, Taylor! This makes me so sad.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

HillRPete

by HillRPete

KWalker wrote:I think we've lost him to dirty hipsterdom as he appears to be joining soon-to-be-jobless whiney uber douche Lachlan Morton on some sort of bike ride they're going to dramatize and turn into a movie about how it sucks to have a job that lets you use a natural ability to make money.

ZING!

urt

by urt

5DII wrote:anyone have a link for this fdj descent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BNdHvoGLKvk

Was posted a couple of pages back
works in the industry

wingguy

by wingguy

tranzformer wrote:Which means that a future R7 could very well come out sometime in the future. Whether that is the current RCA that they eventually move production to Asia and lower the price or something else.

The fact that Cervelo use letters and numbers means that an R7 'could' come out in future. Nothing in the UCI list suggests that there's one on the way or ready.

In fact, I bet you a tenner that the next (non-California) R series isn't an R7 but another R5.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

tymon_tm wrote:meanwhile, 2 out of 2 for Kristoff at the Tour of Norway. if keeps that up, this year's battle for green might be epic :popcorn:

Excellent point, I've not looked at the TdF route in detail to work out whether the Green jersey favours the pure sprinters or the strong man sprinters this year but with Kristoff, Sagan, Kittel (if he's fit) and Cav all in the mix it should be a great contest
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

kkibbler

by kkibbler

KWalker wrote:I think we've lost him to dirty hipsterdom as he appears to be joining soon-to-be-jobless whiney uber douche Lachlan Morton on some sort of bike ride they're going to dramatize and turn into a movie about how it sucks to have a job that lets you use a natural ability to make money.

A lot to digest in this sentence. 9.5/10 would read again.

In other news holy crap I don't recall any mention of S.Kung hitting the deck. That's a shame and he looked strong in stage 11.

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Porte should have taken a wheel from his team mate, Clarke could have given a wheel to team mate, or paced Porte back into the race while team mate waited for the team car.
Pacing or riding together is harder to penalise than a technical infringement like taking a wheel from a non team member.
However, Clarke probably thought he was doing a friend a favour, and we have all made mistakes in the heat of the moment.
Riders are not machines or robots, they are people with emotions. You are in contention for a podium place in a Gramd Tour, it's taken your years of training to get to this point, you see your chance slipping away. Remembering all the obscure UCI rules while under pressure is a big ask. When all you can think of is survival and not losing time it's really easy to make a mistake.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

not only Kung crashed heavily yesterday - this is Jarosław Marycz from CCC and his lovely selfie

https://twitter.com/jaroslawmarycz/stat ... 97/photo/1
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

DanW

by DanW

A little UK reference for you :D Two dead ringers for Wallace from Wallace and Grommit

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

looks like they are all having fun. what's the issue? The stuff he says about mental and physical strain of said job is seems very real. I'd rather hear the truth from a kid, rather than him telling me how his bike , saddle, and jerseys are the best in the peloton and those PR 'one liners'. Both brothers go do jelly belly together with hopes of perhaps enjoying the time racing domestically together, so it seems like they have already taken steps to bring whatever 'excitement' they needed to continue (or comeback) to the sport. Is he a hipster? yea.... leading that competition against alex howes at the moment.

i have bigger issue with them not wearing helmets.

5DII wrote:anyone have a link for this fdj descent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... NdHvoGLKvk
Last edited by nathanong87 on Fri May 22, 2015 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Robert Millar's take on the Porte controversy -

Did I know the helping rule, or 12.1.040 as it’s known on the back of commissaire's packet of cigarettes? Well, I'd heard of it vaguely, probably from the Sicard/L'Avenir affair but having had non-regulation assistance from other teams when I was racing I thought it was one of those rules that was applied when it was blatantly the wrong move to make. It certainly wasn't implemented when I got a wheel from the Castorama team at the Dauphine in 1995........

Robert Millar: Clarke's behaviour in handing Porte a wheel should be applauded

stuka666

by stuka666

To be the ultimate hipster, one needs not to wear a helmet?

Tomstr

by Tomstr

The ultimate organ donor if you ask me :wink:
Ride it like you stole it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com