2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

A great example of pacing and how it can make all the difference. Dumolin basically rode his own tempo from the start of the climb when people were punching way harder than was smart as evidenced by Valverde and others hanging off the back towards the end.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

czaballa

by czaballa

mrlobber wrote:Epic last 3km in Vuelta today!

+1

Really enjoyed todays stage!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Probably best finish of any GT stage this year, riveting stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ave

by ave

Absolutely, the best mountain top finish this year! I loved it!

nibby

by nibby

ultyguy wrote:Probably best finish of any GT stage this year, riveting stuff!

CORRECT!! EPIC.

Hats off to Froome and Dumoulin, especially Dumoulin, big big heart and lungs :)

Lets hope for some more of this. Proper racing.

KWalker

by KWalker

My favorite part about it is how frequently the commentators were saying Froome and Dumolin were done when they were hanging off the back of the Valverde group and then bam.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

hasbeen

by hasbeen

my favorite part was when Froome got dropped and there was a huge gap so he hit the motor and viola he was back in the group pedaling 120 rpms.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

lrdunc

by lrdunc

nibby wrote:
ultyguy wrote:Probably best finish of any GT stage this year, riveting stuff!

CORRECT!! EPIC.

Hats off to Froome and Dumoulin, especially Dumoulin, big big heart and lungs :)

Lets hope for some more of this. Proper racing.

+ 1,000

So much fun to watch!

KWalker

by KWalker

I've noticed a lot lately that more and more riders are buying their own PMs if their team doesn't have a sponsor.

Good example of a Europcar rider on a P2M:
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nibby

by nibby

Good spot KWalker :thumbup: having been using the p2m for a few months I can see why he's chosen it.

Now let's hope they all have a good rest day ready for hopefully another epic stage on Wednesday. THIS ONE COULD BE VERY SPECIAL 8)

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I thought the P2M's on Europcars bikes were standard fare. Are you saying the riders buy them themselves?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Kermithimself

by Kermithimself

------------
If you dream of being famous - think of what birds do to statues.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kermithimself/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCPaXwpeXT_LpuEF0REjqw
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotlegscycling/

usdmej

by usdmej

KWalker wrote:
kgt wrote:
usdmej wrote:^so annoying what specializes forces their riders to go through just so they can advertise their bikes give the competitive advantage

Hilarious really...

How do either of you know that the bike swap was in any way forced or against his will?

KWalker wrote:
bikewithnoname wrote:I think the point being made is that Sagan did 95% of the stage on a Tarmac and switched to a VAIS for the sprint, which suggests the VAIS is not comfortable and/or much good up hills.

No, it doesn't suggest ANYTHING whatsoever. Until he comes out and gives a reason it could be anything and its ignorant to make up crap just to hate on a brand.

it was reported during the TDF that cavendish said the brakes on the Vais were inferior and he refused to race the bike down any significant downhill. This is also consistent with Sagan's usage pattern (majority of stages done on his old venge, only switched to the Vais if there was a flat ending/convenient opportunity to switch.

KWalker

by KWalker

Calnago wrote:I thought the P2M's on Europcars bikes were standard fare. Are you saying the riders buy them themselves?

Nope, P2M does not sponsor Europcar. It used to be that specific riders were either on the pro/bro deal from SRM or bought them for training bikes but looking as if they have shifted towards other brands. I can't recall which riders/team, but I saw others on plain black P2Ms and one that clearly had a Stages NDS arm.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Interesting. Not saying P2M sponsors them but I doubt if actual riders are paying for them out of their own pockets either. With no powermeter sponsor that leaves the team free to use whatever they want I suppose as long as it's Campy. Stages, P2M or otherwise.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com