2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Rondje

by Rondje

That's always been the case with right? At the moment it almost looks like Thomas, Stannard and Wiggins are bigger favourites then for example Stybar, Terpstra and Van Avermaet while I think the last 3 have won/proven more in the classics then the first 3.
So many people seem to think Wiggins will win P-R this year, while i really doubt that. He hasn't shown anything for the last few weeks and It takes more then just 1 top 10 place to learn to ride Roubaix (for example Terpstra went from 5th, 3rd to finally winning). And what if it rains?

I can't be bothered by it tho, I'm luckily enough to live in The Netherlands so i can read the Dutch and specially Belgian websites as well, together with the English sites it gives a good balance between both worlds.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

H0RSE

by H0RSE

How ungainly Sagan looks in his new team. Looks worse than Froome on the bike.
E3 was an embarrassment or it should have been.

The Saga continues.. pardon the pun :/

H0RSE

by H0RSE

KWalker wrote:Cannondale has managed to completely underwhelm. I like their focus on youth, but they seem to lack the other part- experience. Tommy D and Martin have the most, with Ramunas having quite a bit as a captain, but other than that it seems like maybe the balance is tipped too much towards inexperience.

Team is totally dilute this season.
Rather than building on their top riders they let them all go and swapped the roster with a bunch of goobers instead.

You can rest assured though, management got their hefty pay packets given to themselves in the process for the fine art of fiddling things around.
Dale management finesse.

djconnel

by djconnel

It's only March -- barely past pre-season.
Cannondale has plenty of time.

On the subject of valv.piti -- I always have the sense of gross hypocrisy with his results... among the 20-90%.

jooo

by jooo

EQS made a meal of it... again!

jekyll man

by jekyll man

some questions should really be asked at that team.
There's obviously something wrong, either poor choice of DS and his tactics, or a bad case of ego's clashing?
Official cafe stop tester

djm

by djm

Is Lefevere going to blame Paolini for riding like an idiot (implicitly; making it difficult for Etixx to win) ? ;-) Perhaps he should have pushed one of the Etixx guys along to take the win in front of him?

Extremely well executed by Il Gerva, also happy to see him win given how much work he has laid down as a domestique in past seasons.

Rondje

by Rondje

Been the best race of the season so far, so much happened it that race. The final already started with 120km to go with the echelons. Great win by Paolini!

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

The proper way and timing to attack small rollers.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

micky

by micky

He's one of the men in form these days and indeed he was there.
Glad for him as he totally deserved it.

And about Etixx, enough said. :mrgreen:

A little curiosity; Paolini wrote on instagram few weeks ago that he's not sure to continue as pro cyclist or what else (the picture had him next to a Hushovd poster in BMC colors).

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Yes I agree Paolini totally deserves this win.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

lol he just drove off. I love when 'domestiques' pull off like that :thumbup:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

jooo

by jooo

Especially after the effort required to even catch that group in the first place...

IchDien

by IchDien

Is it just me or is Paolini's Air Attack a special ventless version? Or just taped over? Other Katusha riders had the same.

H0RSE

by H0RSE

djconnel wrote:It's only March -- barely past pre-season.
Cannondale has plenty of time.

On the subject of valv.piti -- I always have the sense of gross hypocrisy with his results... among the 20-90%.

Only March, are you kidding?
March, August, September, what's the difference?
Don't know about you but season is in full swing. Unless perhaps your season is just a single week in July where everyone's peaked.

Did you guys see Talinjee attacking from 90Km out but no one was remotely interested?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com