2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

New Saddle

New colour way

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

like them both ^^^
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

The saddle looks really wide out back, maybe it's just the shape or the perspective of the photo but it reminds me of a 155 Romin roughly.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

KWalker

by KWalker

In real life its sort of like a new Toupe. One of their industrial designers was racing on it during the fall when it was in its proto phase.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jooo

by jooo

Is the width a perspective thing too? It seems like it's quite short.

As for the TDU, I'm guessing BMC will be pretty happy with their points haul and a good spot in the convoy for the upcoming races.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

It's definitely shorter and wider. It's not only the photo angle. The rails don't look longer than normal but there is almost no "nose" of the saddle beyond the rail junction.

Who can pretend to ride on the nose of the current saddles? Really painful and there is always 2 or 3 useless cm. And there seem to be a trend of less setback in the pro peloton. Lars Boom has quite a short setback IIRC.

KWalker

by KWalker

He's got it all the way back on a setback post.

The saddle design goes with the theory that you shouldn't have to sit on the nose, but rather rotate your pelvis under power. This is why the Romin has the general shape that it does and it seems Speci has taken this one step further with the Power. I almost wonder if the Power will replace the Toupe which almost no pro riders are riding.

The other Speci rumor is that a new Romin is due with the same style wide cut out or they will replace the standard one with the more padded version you are seeing on virtually all the team bikes.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I'm pretty affirmative that he rides few setback

Anyway that's a detail

You're absolutely right about rotating the pelvis and not riding on the nose.

LouisN

by LouisN

IMO the "hardware" is and will be more and more related to fit/riding style prefferences and race general profile.

That makes for more "specialized" (intentional non capital "s") bikes and bike stuff to buy.

It would be interesting to compare how some pros are setup in different situations, in relation to bike position, and better overall "gains" (air resistance VS position, comfort, position versatility, etc.) :
Flat and ultra fast races
Long Classics, cobbles.
Hilly terrain
Etc.

Louis :)

AGW

by AGW

So Cuddles is going to attempt the hour now? :/

I appreciate Voigt "ushering in" a new era of attempts, but I'm afraid it might fast become a series of look-at-me moments in a special limelight for riders who otherwise have no business contesting the record.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

The hour record will be a carnival attraction for a while until someone smashes it and no one wants to try it again. Right now Im cool with it as it gives some of these guys a chance to add their name to the record books. Just a show right now though. The big guns are still loading.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

IchDien

by IchDien

hasbeen wrote:The hour record will be a carnival attraction for a while until someone smashes it and no one wants to try it again.

Cue Wiggo...

wingguy

by wingguy

Yep! Right now it's open season on the record - after Wiggo smashes it the only interesting attempts for some time will be Cancellara, Martin, and maybe Dowsett.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I think Cancellara knows that it's hard to beat Wiggins on his home turf. That's not to say his disappointment with the change of regulations is not genuine. In any case he's been backpedalling regarding his ambitions.

KWalker

by KWalker

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:I'm pretty affirmative that he rides few setback

Anyway that's a detail

You're absolutely right about rotating the pelvis and not riding on the nose.

Look at the pic I posted a few pages back and his pro bike profile. On his current bike with that saddle he is on a 25mm setback post with the saddle pretty far back on the post.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com