2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KB

by KB

They did great. So pleased for Tony Martin. What a rider and thoroughly deserved.

plpete

by plpete

Sweet sweet victory for Tony indeed! Pinot acted like a brat and lost time because of it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I guess I missed what Pinot did. what happened?
awesome stage. not as crazy as I would have thought especially after a bit of rain but exciting for sure. OPQS looked like a great team today.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

djconnel

by djconnel

Absolutely incredible ride by Froome, excellent ride by Tejay, and not surprisingly Nibali was very strong. And Tony Martin: absolutely epic.

Froome helped by Pina pogostick bike?

Great seeing the crash fear not realized. Way safer than most sprint stages today.

I wonder how many riders are using sealant in their tires on this one. Bad luck by Pinot, but he didn't seem to respond to it well. Dan Martin also had bad luck, perhaps a bent hanger or something after his crash.

5DII

by 5DII

contador broke his rear rim, pointed out by Juan Antonio Flecha at the end of the race

plpete

by plpete

Pinot flatted at first. It took a bit longer for him to get a wheel and he looked very upset. A few minutes later he seemed to have another mechanical but not a flat. He could have continued to ride until his team car got to him but instead pulled over and "slammed" the bike once and was venting while the group in front of him continued to gain time.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

No one here has yet mentioned Quintana - heck of a ride on what was certainly not his terrain!
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

gravity

by gravity

Pinot was openly scolding his mechanic and caught on camera. Team car is probably a little bit further back to offer super quick assistance. Anyway, still gutted that he lost time again today.

djconnel

by djconnel

Pinot's Di2 cable came loose, according to Caley Fritz. Maybe Fabian is right: mechanical on the cobbles.

deek

by deek

Rumor has it that Martin swapped bikes because he broke a rim on the cobbles. Contador also rode a broken rim for the last 25km. Not a good sign for Roval wheels if true.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Wonderful win by Martin! I was really rooting for him, being that he was only 1 second down and stage 2 sprint shenanigans.

Also, love that Martin had to take a teammate's bike then went on to win the stage. Pinot OTOH...

zzmkdw

by zzmkdw

Cycling news is reporting that Pinot's battery went flat on the new SRAM wireless. I wonder if that was the problem or if the excessive bouncing on the cobbles jarred the connection loose?

deek

by deek

zzmkdw wrote:Cycling news is reporting that Pinot's battery went flat on the new SRAM wireless. I wonder if that was the problem or if the excessive bouncing on the cobbles jarred the connection loose?

That would be quite the feat! I wonder how Pinot got a SRAM group when his team is sponsored by Shimano?

plpete

by plpete

+1 FDJ is clearly on Shimano, not Sram. Sram wouldn't have any connections come loose as it's wireless. The only team, and just a few riders at that, riding Sram wireless is AG2R.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

He was trying the new shimano wireless system. It didn't work.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com