2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jooo

by jooo

What tyres are Gilbert and GVA on? Just normal GP4000's or something else?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Dont think those are Conit's..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

They look like C50 tubs to me - maybe Conti Competitions? They normally have a black sidewall though so who knows.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

This picture gives me goosebump.

Love those classics.

Het Niewsblad is a hard course, Kuurne is easier if the weather is decent, but 30-50km/h wind gusts are expected. Gonna be a epic WE.

KWalker

by KWalker

gravity wrote:The thoughts of not having Aru in Giro, no Boom in TdF cobble stage, PR and Flanders, and Nibali being absent in TdF are indeed a sad fact.

It sucks, but its their choice when they signed with such a team. Lets not act like Aru is clean.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jooo

by jooo

Well I didn't really think they were 'normal' GP4000's, but there seem to be quite a few versions so I wasn't sure.

Having looked at the tread (or lack of) and the hot stamp, I guess they're probably these?

deek

by deek

gravity wrote:The thoughts of not having Aru in Giro, no Boom in TdF cobble stage, PR and Flanders, and Nibali being absent in TdF are indeed a sad fact.

Is it possible that they have a clause in their contract that makes it void or otherwise allows them to sign with another team if Astana loses their WT status?

russianbear

by russianbear

Mario Jr. wrote:No problem in my office as well. Even my wife thinks it's good fun. But of course she doesn't see herself as a victim just because she's female...

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing those new ENVE 4.5's on the MTM team ;-)

So inappropriate touching of another person is ok at your work? I kind of doubt your HR department agrees.

And sure, the way to fix sexual harassment is for the person being harassed to "get over it and not be a victim" rather than for the harasser to stop. Typical patriarchal bullshit attitude. You're the problem.

AGW

by AGW

Home office, perhaps?

lippythelion

by lippythelion

deek wrote:

Is it possible that they have a clause in their contract that makes it void or otherwise allows them to sign with another team if Astana loses their WT status?

Very possible, but I suspect that most of the other WT teams will have already spent their rider budget and/or have full squads.

mattr

by mattr

deek wrote:

TBH any agent who let a rider sign a contract without that sort of a clause in it would want a punch in the chops. And I suspect losing their WT licence would be a breach of contract anyway.

Pretty sure that it'll be fairly standard now, with the WT licence bingo essentially happening after most of the riders contractual discussions have finished.

Willier

by Willier

Nice set of weights :D

guyc

by guyc

That weight limit really needs to go

djm

by djm

GVA linked to dr Mertens... Who's the next Belgian to be brought into the scandal of ozone treatment? ("treatment", whatever)

And if a rider is willing to undergo this crazy type of non-treatment treatment, what else would they have undergone first? What other types of disreputable methods would they accept?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com