2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

martinko

by martinko

KWalker wrote:Even from the side view you could tell it wasn't his bike, it looked like he was pedaling a child's bike.

A child's bike? I wouldn't say so ;-)
Maybe bit smaller, but not that much (crappy image)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pieter

by Pieter

He said it was too big (saddle too high), but maybe he misspoke.

deek

by deek

I don't think so, from that picture his saddle does look high. A pretty straight leg and his toes are pointed down pretty far. It could also be because he's leaning over, but I wouldn't exactly call it a "kids bike."

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I think it was too big too. He kept trying to get into the aero position (forearms on tops) but couldnt do it.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

Powerful Pete wrote:No one here has yet mentioned Quintana - heck of a ride on what was certainly not his terrain!

Possibly because Phil Liggett felt the need to mention it at least 20 times during the coverage.

A good performance by him nonetheless though. He couldn't have asked for a better result from that stage.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Great win for Martin.

You could see that there was absolutely no reaction from G when Martin went. And it took the rest of the teams a few hundred metres to realise that Sky were going to let him go, and by then it was too late to immediately close the gap.

Shame Cav wasn't willing to be up at the front helping out so he could share in the celebrations... oh, wait. ;)
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Stage 4 GoPro highlights, not sure who's using it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTjTDC6dIs

KWalker

by KWalker

Yes I mis-typed. I meant the opposite of the Jens Voigt yellow neutral bike, but for some reason typed the same thing. In particular it seemed like his cadence was even slower than normal if that's possible and he wasn't pedaling as smooth and then when he turned it seemed as if he couldn't weight the outside pedals much as shown by that photo above. But motivation is a strong stimulant. I also never realized that he had never been in yellow before so this is pretty cool.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

LeDuke wrote:Best video you'll watch today.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/07/ ... win_377052

No wonder support cars crash now, "let's watch the tv coverage whilst driving instead of f*cken road"

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

hasbeen wrote:I think it was too big too. He kept trying to get into the aero position (forearms on tops) but couldnt do it.

His legs were still nowhere near close to getting a good extension - didn't look "too big" to me.

Given also Trentin is 179cm and Martin is 186cm, again would be surprised if Trentin had a saddle height that was too high for a bloke that much taller than him (and no evidence supports that it was).

As for support cars crashing - how many have crashed this year? Shimano neutral are still beating them. And they have none of what the teams have in their car.

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

raisinberry777 wrote:
Powerful Pete wrote:No one here has yet mentioned Quintana - heck of a ride on what was certainly not his terrain!

Possibly because Phil Liggett felt the need to mention it at least 20 times during the coverage.

A good performance by him nonetheless though. He couldn't have asked for a better result from that stage.

Touchè. Had never listened to the commentary in English in the U.S. Liggett makes Italian commentators sound fair and balanced, LOL. I now watch the stage with no sound it is so painful.
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Tinea Pedis wrote:As for support cars crashing - how many have crashed this year? Shimano neutral are still beating them. And they have none of what the teams have in their car.

True Nick, I guess I was just trying to say it seems awfully dangerous to be watching the tv and caining along at the pace they were hardly lookinh up at all to see where they were going admitedly they do slow down towards the en dof that video but still.

mentok

by mentok

@NATE; did you do gifs of the big crash the other day? Looking for one that shows degenkolb (?) setting it off...

kbbpll

by kbbpll

NBC Sports says "While Martin changed his bike, Contador rode the last 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) with the broken rim of his wheel rubbing the brakes."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com