2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ave

by ave

Hm, that Canyon fork snapped very symmetrically and straight. Looks like it's made of two parts, perhaps? Or just engineered to snap there.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Had a mate have a Wilier fork snap exactly the same a few months back.

Interesting both are so similar.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

Curious thing is there's simply no way Jeremy stays up in that crash. The Canyon is right in front of him, someone's head is right in front of him. But he hits a zero-width gap to the right of the head, the Canyon takes a fortunate bounce. He hits the Canyon but stays up, and the head appears to survive without further insult.

BTW, I've been getting "exceeded number of login attempts" on my account twice in a row. Spammers? I'm switching my password. Present one is too simple.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Watched that in slow mo a few times. Wouldn't think that sort of impact would snap a fork like that.

Zitter

by Zitter

IchDien

by IchDien

That's three weirdly snapped canyon front ends in recent memory?

Steerer tube crash last year causing pile up at front of the bunch
Another steerer tube crash for a Movistar rider in the classics (not publicised at all but very much evident from footage)
And this one?

JasperGr

by JasperGr

It's not a steerer tube crash. Haussler of IAM made a mistake to move in a split second to the left.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5zA4yKR ... lI&index=1

Willier

by Willier

MTN-Qhubeka bike p0rn

Westbank

by Westbank

IchDien is referring to this crash:

JasperGr wrote:It's not a steerer tube crash. Haussler of IAM made a mistake to move in a split second to the left.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Willier wrote:MTN-Qhubeka bike p0rn

yea those frames look good in all black, but the gold chainz gotta stop.

absolutely rad to see the uniSA composite team , with two ex-world tour riders doing well. That's great for them to continue plugging on when they didn't get another wt ride for 2015. i dont know anything about uniSA but im sure they are stoked this TDU. im sure SVH and bobridge will be back in WT for 2016.

KWalker

by KWalker

I think Bobridge himself has said he is focusing on the olympics in 2016 so I doubt he will be back on the road. Its cool that they won, but neither was particularly impressive on the WT level although SVH had a few smaller results.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

IchDien

by IchDien

JasperGr wrote:It's not a steerer tube crash. Haussler of IAM made a mistake to move in a split second to the left.

I can see that, I'm just saying that's three high profile failures for Canyon on their "front end" lately.

glepore

by glepore

The login message is because they added the captcha thing, I think. I missed it a couple different times and got the exceed attempts message on my first try. It gives you a dual purpose error message.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Ah sorry, that's true.

munk93

by munk93

Talked with my trainingbuddy about the danger of the "chickenfeet" barriers used at Eneco Tour, where Stybar threw his bike into the stratosphere. I don't know how long raceorganisers have used big hardboard posters on these barriers, but it worked really good during the crash in TDU. Seems like the steelbarriers are still safe to use, as long as the chartboards are put on correctly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com