2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KB

by KB

Go back to your posts in 2012 and 2013 and read them again. It shows exactly where you stand. The truth is none of us know until someone gets busted. I accept that doping's always been rife. Consequently, I accept all the Tour winners including Armstrong because chances are the one's never fingered were just lucky enough not to get caught, but that does not preclude that the odd rider has been a clean winner.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

can we expect anything else for the remaining part of Giro than Bertie sitting and waiting for Astana to do something? even he himself seems to be bored, sprinting for those 2 seconds. from a very exciting first week, to a series of dull mountain stages... used to be another way around.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bely

by Bely

I have taken the approach that there WILL be doping in all sport not especially cycling... However, I am still a fan of watching the battles on the road between leaders, teams, the riders battling their own demons... It's pretty amazing to watch! I remember watching the first week of the giro and thinking to myself that it was way more exciting than the snooze fest of Mayweather vs pacman.

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Last edited by Bely on Mon May 25, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

stuka666

by stuka666

Giro is getting the same kind of boredom as the tour from last year, when Nibali had no opponents.

As for Astana, well.. at some time they will get caught, as they did last year, I just can't understand why the UCI can't make more to stop this.

KWalker

by KWalker

Contador has opponents. He rides pretty smart. Aru seems to not understand himself and attacks when he probably shouldn't and then suffers. Contador is not dominating the climbs outright and riding away from everyone in the big ring. If not for the TT this would be extremely close.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

brianthemagical

by brianthemagical

I've just been watching one of the GCN videos about the Giro TT tech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2sII6MPHBk

AT approx. 3:46 there's close up of Fabio Felline's pacing strategy on his top tube. If I knew how to post a pic I would.

It's basically;
5 km 330-340
358 - 368
(something) Salita 380 - 400
370 - 390

I found it fascinating, having his pacing strategy written down (maybe because it's so long).

Anybody care to offer any insight? Is this kind of thing normal?

wingguy

by wingguy

Bely wrote:@wingguy you ASSUME that I feel big by assuming Porte is weak, when I state very clearly that I am disappointed by his lack of will to fight.

Yeah, and I stated very clearly that I think it's sad that you and others feel the need to rush to judgement in that way ('thin sheet of glass' etc) instead of waiting to see what genuine injuries he may have sustained.

It grates because implicit in the criticism is the suggestion of "if I was there I wouldn't be such a pussy". Well, we're not there and he was - and the mental toughness needed just to get to the point in your career where you're riding the Giro, let alone as a team leader, is something you or I have almost certainly never needed to even approach.

ave

by ave

Well, it still might be an interesting Giro. What if Landa attack from far out? Will Contador go with him? Of course, it's quite a thin line, as Astana probably want Aru to win.

Rob81

by Rob81

brianthemagical wrote:I've just been watching one of the GCN videos about the Giro TT tech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2sII6MPHBk

AT approx. 3:46 there's close up of Fabio Felline's pacing strategy on his top tube. If I knew how to post a pic I would.

stuka666

by stuka666

KWalker wrote:Contador has opponents. He rides pretty smart. Aru seems to not understand himself and attacks when he probably shouldn't and then suffers. Contador is not dominating the climbs outright and riding away from everyone in the big ring. If not for the TT this would be extremely close.

I don't think it is as simple as that, I really think he is doing just enough to win.

If he is targeting the tour, he can't spend all the meat right now.. and he doesn't need it, Aru is a bit dumb and it's a bit hard to believe that Landa can keep up with this show.

If Landa attacks, Aru will get dropped and Contador just needs to sit on his wheel.

But maybe tomorrow will show I'm wrong :D

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Landa said somewhere I read that they are in Italy so Aru is the leader. You could see how difficult it was for Aru to close the gap when Contador responded to Landa's attack. It's clear Contador is on another level. As Michael Rassmussen tweeted on yesterday's climb: @albertocontador is still just breathing throught The noose!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Wondering if Contador will go as far as try to go up the road with Landa, so Astana/Aru take the piss when the gap between Aru and Landa comes down.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Contador is too strong. Have to start thinking that Astana will have to be happy with their stage wins and one (maybe 2?) spots on the GC podium at the end?

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Who knows how injured Porte is. But Sky are making a habit - for whatever reason - of completely screwing up grand tour favourites position.

Wiggo - Tour 2011 + Giro 2013
Wiggo + Froome - Vuelta 2011 (though one has to say they were undone by a jolly splendid bit of riding...)
Froome - Tour 2014
Porte - Giro 2015
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petal666

by petal666

Why stay in the race fighting for 20th spot because some keyboard warriors think you should, when you can go home and be fresher for a support role (or leader) for the Tour?