2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

NilesCrane

by NilesCrane

I'd be even more amazed if he'd just shrugged his shoulders and kept riding - I can't think of a single sportsman being robbed of a clear opportunity to go for a win reacting any different!

Edit: And not only that - Every crash has the possibility of causing a career ending injury aswell. Yup, I'd be pissed..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

KWalker wrote:I see nothing wrong with his reaction.

Agreed. Sagan was in a great position and was looking like he would win the stage as the 'sprinters' such as Degenkolb were well off the pace when the mishap occurred ~6km from the finish.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Dodger747

by Dodger747

DanW wrote:It's understandable but not really an acceptable way to behave. I don't think punching a car in the street will go down well with the owner just because someone else pissed me off. Plenty of riders have been taken out but none have spat their dummy out in quite the same way as far as I can remember. Not the end of the world but a bit of a melodramatic response.

Get real!

He's just been knocked off his bike, he'll be in pain judging by the state of his leg, coupled with the adrenaline of the incident and racing in general and the fact he has been denied the chance to go for a stage victory. How can the reaction be anything other than anger?
VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
W/kg - 4.9

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Sagan kicking his own bike was a little much, but he gets fined 300 Swiss francs because some idiot almost killed him? Meanwhile Boeckmans is in medically induced coma so worse things happened today.

Bely

by Bely

It's pretty ridiculous that all these motor vehicle drivers/riders have to really do is to avoid a bunch of cyclists in a race - not even on a normal traffic day... And they still manage to hit them...you have like 1 job to do.. Steer your vehicle safely around cyclists in a professional race with roads that have already been cleared...

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

DanW

by DanW

Don't get me wrong, what the Moto did is far, far more ridiculous and unacceptable. We've discussed the extra vehicles at some length here already yet the incidents seem to be racking up. Someone needs to take a good long look at the training and numbers on the road as things are beyond stupid for the riders

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Sagan abandons Vuelta. do you still feel his anger's not justified DanW?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

martinko

by martinko

I think that he would leave anyway because of the world championships. But he did sooner under these unlucky circumstances.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

LOL srsly? current points leader abandons after being run over but it's OK cause he supposedly would quit anyway. and let's not forget his alleged misbehaviour, shame on you Peter!

Omiar

by Omiar

In Vuelta, you get the same amount of points in each finish, wheter its flat or mountain top. Sagan has no chance to win it.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

gravity

by gravity

Nothing wrong with Sagan's reaction methinks. After training his ass off with a possible win but only to be taken out by a moto? That's just plain unacceptable. And he didn't react or say anything hurtful once he crossed the line so kudos to Sagan. I dont know you lot who expect the pro to just be cool and holier than thou when something like these happen. I bet you'll go even more bananas than Sagan. If I recall correctly, Phillipe Gilbert was taken out by spectator in Tdf12 and there was a pic of him yelling at the guy who caused the accident and the pundits here just thought that it's so unprofessional of Gilbert to do so. Come on!

Anyway, what's the punishment for the moto/neutral car? Just an expulsion? Not severe enough as this could be a fatal mistake or career ending injury. Neutral support or race caravan shouldn't put anyone on the wheels, there should be some requirement or so. But who am i to say anyway.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Omiar wrote:In Vuelta, you get the same amount of points in each finish, wheter its flat or mountain top. Sagan has no chance to win it.

you've probably seen ToC just like the most of us, or that Vuelta stage where he came second behind Valv. I'd say the limits of what he can actually do are not decisively determined

martinko

by martinko

tymon_tm wrote:LOL srsly? current points leader abandons after being run over but it's OK cause he supposedly would quit anyway. and let's not forget his alleged misbehaviour, shame on you Peter!

I didn't say anything like it was OK. Thanks. ;-)

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Sagan wins worlds.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Epic last 3km in Vuelta today!
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike