2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

Interesting tour debut for Argon-18! :shock:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

nathanong87 wrote:so boom said he's been using a asthma inhaler for 10 years. and george bennet in another article (for low cortisol) said he has asthma...

how many pro cyclists have asthma? no really a serious question but still serious i guess. like it seems somewhat common

in other news. Someone in belgium doesn't like tornado tom frits

Re: asthma. In ladies' nordic skiing all the top gals were asthmatic, apart from Justyna Kowalczyk, who spoke kinda openly about it. Afaik not so long ago she turned to the dark side of the force too. Why not have all the goodies your rivals are allowed to play with :noidea:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Argon put a lot into helping Bora get ready for this tour - kind of amusing but crappy to see one of them carrying his extension. Curious to see if it was a crack or a lose bolt but either way certainly lucky he didn't eat it in the process.

Wondering how many sub6 \ speed sleeve's from S were out there as well.

Lastly, Giro's tron helmet, pretty interesting. Kind thought we had already hit the point of diminishing returns on aero helmets. That is until we have 3d printed shapes of peoples heads or something lol.
Just ride ..

KarlC

by KarlC

itsacarr wrote: Lastly, Giro's tron helmet, pretty interesting. Kind thought we had already hit the point of diminishing returns on aero helmets. That is until we have 3d printed shapes of peoples heads or something lol.

Where did you see this ?

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

itsacarr

by itsacarr

It's been seen at a couple races now but as far as I'm aware just showed up live at a race at the tour as well as the usual websites.

Just ride ..

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Was it a new tt helmet for Ag2r as well?

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Still looks like the ekoi cxr13 #egghead
Just ride ..

plpete

by plpete

racermech wrote:Apart from marketing or something else any reason TFR has rear blinkers? Thinking they are in F1 in the rain?

I noticed that too. One rider from Trek and one from AG2R were sporting a red rear blinking light on the seat post. Wonder what's the reasoning behind that.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

I didn't catch it, but my girlfriend says it's got something to do with sponsoring. Apparently these lights are very bright and they wanted to demonstrate that in broad daylight.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Read elsewhere or heard the commentators say that it was part of some road safety initiative i.e. even the pros use blinky lights so you should, too.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

[quote="kkibbler" i.e. even the pros use blinky lights so you should, too.[/quote] In that case Im buying a whole STACK of illegal drugs, lots of stupid socks and an oven hood which is fitted upside down.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

Blinking red light is prohibited in moving vehicle in many countries.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

ice ice baby.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com