2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Looks like a blacked out quarq.

wingguy

by wingguy

More Shimano happenings - looked like total failure of XTR DI2 for Stephane Tempier on the first lap of the XCO world cup today.

Bike in the service zone with seatpost out and rider + mechanic frantically checking connections and pushing buttons = not good publicity!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

What shoes is Leopold Konig using?

Liggero

by Liggero

Astana doping? well, I don't know. but if there is any riders doped, those would be Astana for sure. If that would be the case, they have not doped Aru I think, that is a too high risk, but as it happened with Nibali horses during the tour, they seem to be way too strong. Luis Leon Sánchez, has a shady past, and his performance in the TT is what I would definitely call "not normal"...
Happy Trails !!!

Bely

by Bely

Porte seems to have same mental toughness of a thin sheet of glass.

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

djconnel

by djconnel

Jump out of a car going 50 kph and land on your knee, do the longest time trial of your life the next day, get back to me on how that feels.

stuka666

by stuka666

de zwarten wrote:I would also not want to be the winner on Madonna di Campiglio after Pantani won the only other time they arrived there.
I hope, even if Astana was a bit 'overwhelmingly' present in the front group, you all noticed that the peloton split because of a crash, effectively ruling out the presence of Kreuziger, VDB and some others that could have followed a bit longer than the Astana domestiques on the last climb.

Kreuziger and Basso were already behind, with Tiralongo pushing the pace all alone in the previous climb.

The crash was already on the descent, and the group split.

Bely

by Bely

Probably feels crap... There were other people in that crash... Who did the same time trial who exhibit far greater will to fight...

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current

Incoming

Bely

by Bely

I guess Porte adopts Ricky Bobby's mantra - if you ain't first, you're last"

However, again I want to reiterate, it just seems and looks like he has just plain ol' given up.... Which is disappointing, not that he's falling down the GC.. look at Bentacur, Ryder...etc.. battling on..

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current

Incoming

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

So I guess when it all boils down Richie Porte is the Jay Cutler of PRO cycling. #nowweredone

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Poor little Richie Porte, if those mean old UCI commissaires hadn't given him a 2 minute time penalty he'd only be 33 minutes behind Contador going into the final week.

djconnel

by djconnel

Bely wrote:Probably feels crap... There were other people in that crash... Who did the same time trial who exhibit far greater will to fight...

Excellent point: when multiple riders go down int he same crash, they all suffer equivalent trauma. It's pretty obvious.

Bely

by Bely

I am sure they suffer differently, that's not the point though - the point is he has just plain old given up, which is disappointing of a team leader.

Look at hesjedal battling up the mountain - trying to gap back to the leaders in vain... But there is a will to fight..

The very notion of a 3 weeks race is that there will be bad days and the leaders of the various teams will be faced with adversity. It's how they come back from it that makes them winners in the hearts of their teammates and the fans...

And to put it out there, I am not a fan of any particular cyclist nor dislike any... 1 of the main reasons why I am a cycling fan is that these guys battle...

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current

Incoming

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

djconnel wrote:
Bely wrote:Probably feels crap... There were other people in that crash... Who did the same time trial who exhibit far greater will to fight...

Excellent point: when multiple riders go down int he same crash, they all suffer equivalent trauma. It's pretty obvious.

Of course Porte suffered much more than anyone else. Not enough to knock him out of the Giro altogether but juuuuuuuuuuust above that threshold.

That sounds reasonable.

Norregard

by Norregard

More people in the peloton speaking out against Astana:
DS Kemna from Giant says that "Astana are riding unbelievably (questionably) well", that "strange things are happening in the peloton" and that "old (bad) habits seem to be gaining ground because of too little change in rules and organisation". Also refers to Henderson's tweet as a sign of talk and frustration in the peloton.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com