2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

so ill. E-QS floundering in his wake.

djm

by djm

Vladimir Isaychev running quite the tower..

Last edited by djm on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

nathanong87 wrote:so ill. E-QS floundering in his wake.

What does Lefevre think Etixx-quickstep is, Mapei-quickstep?

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

lippythelion

by lippythelion

wingguy wrote:It turns out that Lefevre is angry... at Stannard!

"“Stannard did what he had to do. Then again, I think that a rider from his calibre from that team should share the work until the gap was 40 seconds. He played it hard but tomorrow or next week it’s another race, then we can play that game. Stannard was team leader today. A team leader that was on the wheels for 40 kilometres. A rider of his level, a team leader, doesn’t stay on the wheels for 40 kilometres,” Lefevere said."

Translation: "We got F'd in the A".

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

russianbear wrote:
Mario Jr. wrote:No problem in my office as well. Even my wife thinks it's good fun. But of course she doesn't see herself as a victim just because she's female...

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing those new ENVE 4.5's on the MTM team ;-)

So inappropriate touching of another person is ok at your work? I kind of doubt your HR department agrees.

And sure, the way to fix sexual harassment is for the person being harassed to "get over it and not be a victim" rather than for the harasser to stop. Typical patriarchal bullshit attitude. You're the problem.

Mario Jr's reply was to the question I posed - which never stipulated or espoused a "get over it and not be a victim" attitude. You've done precisely what I also mentioned, in getting insulted on behalf of those who are supposedly meant to be getting upset. Only they actually find it all rather amusing and fail to see what the fuss is really about.

It's fine for you not to be comfortable with it. Others don't share that view.

deek wrote:
gravity wrote:The thoughts of not having Aru in Giro, no Boom in TdF cobble stage, PR and Flanders, and Nibali being absent in TdF are indeed a sad fact.

Is it possible that they have a clause in their contract that makes it void or otherwise allows them to sign with another team if Astana loses their WT status?

Any team I've been on - Continental or National level - has had a clause in the contract that it was null and void if the team lost the accreditation it had at the time I signed. I have not ever had to request it.

I'd be stunned if the WT boys did not have the same.

ave

by ave

Wow, that was a very good race. Etixx managed to break away with 3 riders and then this... Ok, I always knew Stannard is very strong, but still, it was very impressive. When he attacked at 2.8km I feared not one Etixx rider will catch up with him. That would have been a real shame. Terpstra was very good. Yes, he lost, but he did a bit more work than Stannard, didn't he...

plpete

by plpete

He did do a lot of work...but... it really does look like he gave up towards the end. Yes it was pretty close but you can see him let of the gas at the very end while Stannard gives it that bit more.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I don't think there was anything wrong with Stannard's tactics at all, smart as I reckon. EQS f'ed it up n their own really

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

Perfect tactics and the strongest rider won, what a fantastic ride. Outgunned 3 to 1 and still comes home first. That's how you race with your head when up against strength in numbers.

Norregard

by Norregard

I think Van Marcke was the strongest rider, but I agree Stannards win was very impressive.

gravity

by gravity

I dont think Stannard was the strongest or smartest, there's no way he would take a pull when he was outnumbered - you don't need a clever racer to think of that; Etixx just screwed up big time. No chapeau to Stannard at all.

guyc

by guyc

No. You def aren't the strongest or smartest if you're able to take on and beat those three riders on you're own.

Much.

Get a grip.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

gravity wrote:I dont think Stannard was the strongest or smartest

I don't think you were watching the same race we all were.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

gravity wrote: No chapeau to Stannard at all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ave wrote:Wow, that was a very good race. Etixx managed to break away with 3 riders and then this... Ok, I always knew Stannard is very strong, but still, it was very impressive. When he attacked at 2.8km I feared not one Etixx rider will catch up with him. That would have been a real shame. Terpstra was very good. Yes, he lost, but he did a bit more work than Stannard, didn't he...

Isn't the idea to win? Not to pull turns to loose...... Tactics will almost always trump burte strength.
Using Tapatalk