2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

Bike is alright althought Kwiato's one was nicer, I do agree.
Sagan's black shoes not for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

good setup, wasn't feeling the tattoo he got though

merida bike was good too. just big rainbow bands. simple

similarly thor's was a good bike

team sky barely tried with cav, but he did luck out with those trade team black shorts, which are best style

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

I read black bibs for the World Champ are forbidden?!!!! How silly is that?

Either white or team regular colors I read...

My gawd

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:I read black bibs for the World Champ are forbidden?!!!! How silly is that?

Either white or team regular colors I read...

My gawd

haha UCI is super strict about their jerseys. remember when HTC was fined for cav and t.martin. Cav's rainbow bands didn't connect around his torso. 5000 swiss francs. it's probably less penalty for stick bottling a car or punching another rider

KWalker

by KWalker

I like Sagan's bike kinda. Its growing on me.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jooo

by jooo

Tinea Pedis wrote:
jooo wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:You do know that many of the top racers in the Road discipline came over from MTB?

Nah, can you name the current pro's who came from MTB as their primary discipline?

prendrefeu wrote:Hi Jooo. :lol:

I thought it was pretty obvious he was being sarcastic.

Just sayin. We could have done without the pictures.

No, I was being serious even if somewhat pedantic. I said primary discipline.

Sagan raced quite equally across road, MTB and CX throughout his junior years so I wouldn't say he was primarily a MTB'er. IMO Rosa is a better example because he actually spent quite a bit more time on the UCI world cup circuit. Nys has raced with flat bars a fair bit but I wouldn't call it his primary discipline. He also hasn't had much success with flat bars outside of Belgium and he's not really a road professional is he?

Hesjedal and Evans were MTB'ers for sure, but prendrefeu said many riders came from MTB'ing, then lists 2 of the most obvious candidates with a few others who maybe don't quite meet the criteria. This highlights my point that it's not actually common at all to go from being a top level MTB rider to a road professional. Consider that this year there are 474 registered pro's in the world tour and even adding in a few other riders that I can think of (despite some of them being retired too), we're still at quite a small percentage of the peloton. I'd argue there are many more pro's who've spent meaningful amounts of time on the track, than on fat tyres.

wingguy

by wingguy

Tinea Pedis wrote:Just sayin. We could have done without the pictures.

But that LOOK with the whitewalls on CrossMax tho...

erty65

by erty65

jooo wrote:Hesjedal and Evans were MTB'ers for sure
...and Rasmussen, (Nordhaug).

KWalker

by KWalker

I have a theory that Speci is making sponsored riders use the black or red S-Works because those previously did not sell well.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

pastronef

by pastronef

you mean, everybody bought blue or white or neon yellow. so they have many red and black still to sell? maybe.

Kennaugh is fine with his new red ones, that goes well with red of his national champ jersey

efeballi

by efeballi

nathanong87 wrote:good setup, wasn't feeling the tattoo he got though

pix...pix...pix...

Cuddles' bike deserves special mention here, IMO. BMC, Campag, Easton...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SHUT UP LEGS
2015 Giant Propel Advanced
2015 Cannondale Supersix Evo
2013 KTM Strada mod. (totaled)
2011 Pinarello Dogma 60.1(loaner)
2011 Scott SUB 45(sold)

Politecnico di Milano Ingegneria Meccanica

awjpca

by awjpca

KWalker wrote:I have a theory that Speci is making sponsored riders use the black or red S-Works because those previously did not sell well.

Maybe they'd sell more if they actually made a white shoe, as opposed to a white and red shoe.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I think I want the Sub6...
Using Tapatalk

109er

by 109er

Geez reading a lot of these posts about women's racing. Are a lot of you THAT sexist? You don't have to watch the races and you can just scroll over them if you don't care. But I challenge you to watch a professional women's race and not get somewhat interested. The worlds road race this year held my attention a lot longer than the guys did. Sure, I questioned a lot of the attacks and it was not up to par with the guys race. But it was actually exciting. I enjoyed it and yeah, I would pay to watch it if I had to. The women's tt was exciting too. *f##k*, it was all exciting! Women's mtb is awesome. Women's cyclocross is awesome. I would encourage anyone to download the RedBulltv app and watch the mtb races live or watch the recaps. It's pretty cool!

The guys races were a little more exciting at the same time though.

However, should women's races have less coverage...no. Should they be ran a shoestring budget? No. It's PAAAATHETIC when I hear about a girl or woman trying to go pro and when they do, they don't make shit. They make zero dollars. When their male counterpart gets paid. I would be pretty pissed if I had a different sexy part between my legs. Especially when the lady demographic is the fastest growing in the cycling industry.

What most people seem to miss is the problem is sport-wide. Professionals at the lower level are getting paid a lot less than they used to. TV coverage is better. Sponsorship dollars are really hard to come by though. Top teams are falling by the wayside while others are maintaining the status quo. There is nearly NO stability year after year. The ASO and RCS hold way too much power and the UCI cant or wont do much about it. The teams need to come together and figure it out....which they are. It's a slow process but stuff is getting done.......But what people don't seem to realize....we could improve the women's side along the way. And why not?

But I digress. This is the 'PRO' cycling discussion. Not the 'PROMEN' cycling discussion. If you want to talk about women's racing. Do it.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

5DII

by 5DII

which female rider do you guys think is the best looking?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com