2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

HillRPete wrote:Looking like this could become another near miss for Rodriguez wrt grand tour honours. Oh the pain. Hoping he can pull something off, but Aru is clearly looking fresher, having skipped the TdF.

Im not sure it will be that case for Rodriguez; yes he was up there but at some point it looked like he asked Moreno to slow down.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lrdunc

by lrdunc

Forgive the noob question, but is Degenkolb's lack of success here on him, on his team for not getting him into a better position, or both?

The sprinters then took their positions, but just as on stage 10, Degenkolb found himself boxed in and unable to respond as Van Poppel surged for the line.

http://pelotonmagazine.com/feedzone/van-poppel-fires-up-vuelta-a-espana-2015-stage-12/

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

today was hard to even think about positioning as till the very end peloton had to chase the breakaway. couple weaker pulls from the main bunch and the fab five would've made it.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Brian Cookson's interview during the stage today was terrible. He kept on focusing on the riders professionalism and sportsmanship, while more or less avoiding the fact that race officials (people on motos) were the ones who were causing the problems.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Le Duke, what broadcast was that on? Quite an international forum here, no?
The commentary on NOS had issue with the motos, but that was also the case on Eurosport.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Rob81

by Rob81

prendrefeu wrote:what broadcast was that on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMiUcE1Y4o

ave

by ave

Well, if Paulinho really rode into a moto, he has a point.

Interesting that it is still not clear, what happened really in that case.

Steve_W

by Steve_W

I need to replicate bashing my bars in anger, seems everyone's doing it.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Steve, it matters only if you're on TV, otherwise nobody notices :lol:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Steve_W

by Steve_W

Bugger, shame really.....I think I could have excelled in the art of bar bashing.

Rondje

by Rondje

This is supposed to be the incident between Paulinho and the motorcycle. http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/Vuelta/1.2432168
The motor is still in the wrong place, but Paulinho didn't crash but drove against him (no way he could avoid him i think). So it's still the moto's fault but it's not as bad as they said before.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

prendrefeu wrote:Le Duke, what broadcast was that on? Quite an international forum here, no?
The commentary on NOS had issue with the motos, but that was also the case on Eurosport.

It was Universal Sports, who might have the worst commentary and tech (they are incapable of timing gaps; instead rely on third party feed's GPS) of any crew I've seen yet.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Is Cannondale-Garmin just throwing in the towel? I haven't seen them in a break in a while, and it seems every time they show the tail end of the field, you can see 2-3 of their guys in the last 10. You very rarely see riders from teams like EQS or BMC back there.

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

That entire squad has been trash all year. None of the main players in that team look like they want to win. Meanwhile at Sky you have grand tour winners climbing 5000m with a broken foot just to finish the stage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petepeterson

by petepeterson

It could be that I have a mediocre mind but could it be that rather than not 'wanting to win' as much Garmindale's budget and calibre of riders are just not as good? EPQS and BMC are basically in a different league.