2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Antoine

by Antoine

Looks like the first to crash is FDJ's L.Manzin who is 20 years old.

First year as a pro, first race at this level, second sprint and a big crash, that's hard to be a sprinter.

JasperGr wrote:It's not a steerer tube crash. Haussler of IAM made a mistake to move in a split second to the left.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5zA4yKR ... lI&index=1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Antoine wrote:Looks like the first to crash is FDJ's L.Manzin who is 20 years old.

First year as a pro, first race at this level, second sprint and a big crash, that's hard to be a sprinter.

JasperGr wrote:It's not a steerer tube crash. Haussler of IAM made a mistake to move in a split second to the left.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RD5zA4yKR ... lI&index=1

If I can trust my eyes Haussler changed his line to fast while Manzin was in his wheel at the wrong side.

Also experience riders can make a mistake like Cavendish or in this case Haussler.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

What's that saddle the Astana guy has on his bike?
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Boom with the bike.

And yep, looks like HH chopped Chavanel's front wheel (although some would argue he should be protecting his front wheel more).

nathanong87 wrote:i dont know anything about uniSA but im sure they are stoked this TDU.

They're simply a University who have been the naming rights sponsor of the 'wildcard' team used to give riders without a Pro team a ride in the event.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Looks like the Specialized TT saddle.

KWalker

by KWalker

Nope, its a proto saddle. Lips are sealed from those I've spoken to about it, but have seen one in the wild that might not have supposed to have been out there.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Broken bar for the Lotto-Jumbo rider to the right. FSA K-Force, it seems

bfno

by bfno

The saddle is a very short and wide at the back and is labeled 'Speed' on the front.
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

KWalker

by KWalker

You can see it from other angles in other photos I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on here already.

Its similar in shape to the Specialized Chicane with a much broader cutout than the Romin and smoother transition to the cutout. The nose has more padding as well and supposedly the padding is the more dense type that is found on the pro-only Romins. That, a lace up shoe, and 2 new top tier shoes are in the works for release sometime in the first half of 2015. They're much more tight lipped about the saddle than the shoes right now as Boonen was already spotted on the new shoes once, which use boas, the new S-Works last, old S-Works sole, and supposedly some other tweaks.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jooo

by jooo

The saddle looks like a total hybrid. Some Sitero-esque styling in there too?

Are there any spy pics of the lace up shoes?

KWalker

by KWalker

The channel was from the Sitero, shell from Chicane, then bam newer and better version of the ever-popular Romin series.

No spy shots that I'm aware of but my guess is that it looks like every other lace up shoe out there.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Permon

by Permon

What are those BLACK sprockets on the Astana bikes? I have seen these on their 2015 bikes few times already. It looks like it is alway only 13-14-15 sprockets....the rest is standard looking.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Thanks for all that info KW! I figured it was something new/proto because it looked like a big mass up/hybrid of a variety of current saddles. Kinda reminds me of the Super Flow saddles from Selle Italia a bit based on the huge channel and smooth transition to it.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

IchDien

by IchDien

Permon wrote:What are those BLACK sprockets on the Astana bikes? I have seen these on their 2015 bikes few times already. It looks like it is alway only 13-14-15 sprockets....the rest is standard looking.

It was a flat stage...maybe those were the ratios he was in most and they got dirty from the chain?

They do look different though...maybe coated in something to last longer?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com