2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ave

by ave

Well, with that Ferrari support car, Sky can hide with their ordinary Jaguar... :)
On the other hand, I'm not sure the Ghibli is any better than the Jag.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

with how the Giro's unfolding, looks like Bertie might take the rest of the race pretty easy. unless Aru eats a bucketful of dope for the breakfast, there's hardly any way for him to gain 3 minutes on Contador.

about the Tour: we're in the game of 'ifs' here, but if Majka gets any near his form from last year, he can make a huge difference for Bertie in july.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

ave wrote:Well, with that Ferrari support car, Sky can hide with their ordinary Jaguar... :)
On the other hand, I'm not sure the Ghibli is any better than the Jag.

I'd take an XF over Ghibli without any hesitation :D
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

micky

by micky

nathanong87 wrote:dangggg, Special car for Clément Chevrier

Didnt expect Ferrari attending a pro race ever again.

boots2000

by boots2000

I bet money that the lace up shoe and no covers is more aero than shoe covers.
I know that to be the case with Giro lace-ups.

dereksmalls wrote:
MikeM wrote:Bertie's Shoes

Lace up Specialized S-works in the wild...

But no shoe covers in a TT?

Lightweight disc though

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

What lid is Alberto rocking? I can't pick it.

Not the new S-Works, that's for sure. And not the old TT2.

KWalker

by KWalker

53x12 wrote:
KWalker wrote:Spoke to a friend and reliable source, employee of a large pro team. His sentiments about the Henderson tweet is that basically everyone agrees with it and openly think that Astana has organized doping going on to some extent and/or still has back channels to Schumi. Also, the common belief is aligned with what Voigt and TSP said in that if the UCI didn't give Astana the license they would have their pants sued off by entities with very deep pockets so they had little choice. A final rumor is that some Astana riders are using new peptides similar to those that were recently banned like GW-501516, a new type of growth hormone and IGF that aren't tested for yet, and various banned anabolics in suspension form during training camps so that the ultra short half-life times won't show up on test results. If the rider were to take the substance right after a ride the glow time would only be around 6-8hrs for a normal dose and thus out of the system by the morning when testers typically show up.

Unless the friends reliable source works for Astana, how would they know? It is all guessing at that point. If he did work for Astana, why would he even talk about it? Who cares what everyone in the peloton thinks about the Henderson tweet. To think Astana riders are the only ones doping is a joke. This is pro cycling after all. History bears out from its very beginning that doping is integral to our sport at the highest level.

I can't disclose what team they work for quite obviously as then it would be clear who they are, but they have very close contact with personnel that are on Astana and they themselves have done stints at the same training camp location as the Astana guys. I'm not sure where it is in the old pro thread, but this is the same source that disclosed the JTL biopassport case news to me which I posted in the past as well as several other things that have later proven to be true. Its not my choice whether or not you believe it, I'm just passing on details which seem to be quite obvious at this point. With all the recent doping cases they've had and Vino's close ties with Ferrari its really not that hard to believe IMO. There are for sure others doping, but the general opinion is that Astana has something else going on higher up and that it is incredibly organized and centralized, but supposedly contained to the camp that Aru brought along with him. I've actually read elsewhere that Nibali took his own trainers and riders with him so who knows how it all pans out.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

KWalker

by KWalker

Lace up Specis have been in the wild locally for some time now if you catch the right employee on the right ride I guess. Supposedly dropping with the new S-Works at dealer camp in July.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

ave

by ave

This short is way too long to be called short. :) Actually I think it must be uncomfortable. I know he always wears long shorts, but why does he do so?

Bely

by Bely

I think the general dislike for Porte stems from him just giving up... Which is highly disappointing for a team leader. For eg, look at Ryder, he seems to keep battling...that's just my 2 cents worth though.

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

bfno

by bfno

Tinea Pedis wrote:What lid is Alberto rocking? I can't pick it.

Not the new S-Works, that's for sure. And not the old TT2.

Looks like the TT2, is it not?
Venge | Shiv TT | Langster | Dogma 60.1 | CruX | Aeroad CF SLX (WIP)

Raineman

by Raineman

I think it is a TT3 helmet, IIRC he wore the same helmet for the last stage of the 2014 vuelta and tony martin was wearing it at last year's world too.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Is there not a TT4 out? Will not in the states I know.. But I remember one existing.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Bely

by Bely

Thought about it a bit more and also realised that a team leader/team just giving up on his goals (GC)because he's had 2 bad days certainly speaks volumes of his sportsmanship. They didn't fight to move up the GC - like Uran etc.. For all the "little savings" and so called "sportsmanship" they boast about, I think that adds to the disappointment of SKY & Porte.

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stuka666

by stuka666

Contador on di2 for the tt.. then why not at all time?