2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Finn

by Finn

Movistar rider Erviti using a low profile aluminum front wheel (Shamal?) today at Vuelta judging by the looks of it ? Interesting choice, maybe because of the stage profile, better braking & no fear of wheel meltdown in descents ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Finn wrote:Movistar rider Erviti using a low profile aluminum front wheel (Shamal?) today at Vuelta judging by the looks of it ? Interesting choice, maybe because of the stage profile, better braking & no fear of wheel meltdown in descents ?

It seems to be a wet day at the start. That may have been the biggest influence (braking in the wet).
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

gravity

by gravity

Purito and Valverde are on the Aeroad in the most mountainous stage in Vuelta. Speaks volume. Nairo, on the other hand, is on the SLX.

petelars

by petelars

Paulihno has abandoned the Vuelta, after a most unfortunate accident.

I'm sure you can guess what kind.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Dumoulin is Tommy D now

KWalker

by KWalker

nah dawg Dumolin actually has talent and isn't a total d bag that likes the band Creed.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

lrdunc

by lrdunc

petelars wrote:Paulihno has abandoned the Vuelta, after a most unfortunate accident.

I'm sure you can guess what kind.

Tinkoff-Saxo sport director Patxi Vila told Spanish television that the Portuguese veteran was struck by a television motorcycle on the ascent of the first of six climbs across Andorra. Paulinho’s left leg was bleeding, and unable to continue in the race, he was transported to a local hospital, where he was given 17 stitches.

What the hell is going on here??

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

lrdunc wrote:
What the hell is going on here??

forreal , i cannot recall anyone getting hit last season and this season it's like moto accidents got turnt to 11

lrdunc

by lrdunc

^^ Can you make some gifs somehow combining Borat Aru, motor-doping and Astana all over the front of the stage today? :lol:

Rondje

by Rondje

Paulinho after today's crash, his sock matching his shoes in color :shock:
Also pretty weird that the Doctor has 1 glove on but uses his hand with out a glove.
The story about his motorhit: http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff ... at-vuelta/

Doumolin surprised me today, just not sure what to think/hope. It would be nice if he manages to get on the podium at the end. It all depends on his time loss till the TT, since he is allot better in the TT then those around him. It's nice to see how his riding style of 1 pace makes him catch so much riders who attacked on the steep parts (Quintana/Valverde, etc). But his podium ambitions here might cost him too much energy to preform well on the World TT where he is a favourite.
Last edited by Rondje on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

micky

by micky

Vuelta 2011 gave us Froome, Vuelta 2015 gives us Doumulin.
He can surely aim at next TdFs.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

I'm sure career-wise Doumulin's far better off making it to the podium in Vuelta than winning TT gold.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

regarding Paulinho, IMHO cyclists should protest in one way or another. it's a scandal how many accidents involving motors and cars occured with no consequences at all. and it's not just Tinkoff's problem (although they've lost a potential stage winner and a crucial assistant for Majka), do we have to wait for a career or life ending accident for UCI or ASO to react?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

KWalker

by KWalker

Regarding Dumolin people really need to take a step back and remember how the same claims were made about Tony Martin 3-4 years ago. While pure power and having a big motor help, there are some physiological limits that may impair such riders from winning mountainous grand tours. Wiggo has about the same FTP as Dumolin and found that out the hard way. Its not impossible to climb with diesel strength for 1 or 2 days, but the energetic demand of simply producing that much power and replenishing the tank day after day make it hard to see how he could last the final week.

I can easily see him pulling out before the TT perhaps.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Did anybody see the accident?

"Paulinho took a right turn at fast pace, rapidly approaching a TV motorbike that was in front of him, in the middle of the road, in breach of safety regulations. Just as Paulinho was reaching the motorbike, its driver did not make any apparent move to avoid the collision, continued on its course and hit Paulinho on his left leg."

English is not my first language, but from this I read that Paulinho rode into the moto. (?)