2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

+ Van Garderen
+ Pozzovivo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Interesting

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-suspends-androni-giocattoli-sidermec-for-30-days/

2 +ve tests and 1 month suspension. Astana 5 +ve across both divisions of the team and no sanctions. Real consistant UCI, real consistant

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Isn't that because the Astana cases were from last year?

hasbeen

by hasbeen

it is very interesting that one of those positives was for a drug that is still in development stage. not even on the market yet. so it DOES happen.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

^and it's not even a WT level.. but of course that guy might've served as a guinea pig and just got unlucky with the bust.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Remember with ToC, ToU, and the pro challenge they while they could visit other areas, the logistics and transfers have to be kept optimum. If you had to traverse the state each day, stars wouldn't show up. Hence why Tour Down Under is so popular, no transfers, nice hotel, and good variety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djconnel

by djconnel

Yeah -- stage 3 trials.

But WRT Astana I don't think the UCI would lump together development team positives with the WorldTour team anyway. I could be wrong.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Mockenrue wrote:Isn't that because the Astana cases were from last year?

Actually, I think you are right on that one. The ruling only came into play this year. Good point. THose Astana cases seem way fresher than last year though

jooo

by jooo

And as much as everyone likes to lump the 5 positives together, they're still technically from different teams.

elSid

by elSid

I can't believe the USA Pro Challenege is pitching the Arapahoe Basin parking lot as a "mountain top finish" for the 2015 edition Sure, there will be some gaps, but it's a 4-5% grade for 5 straight miles from Keystone (shudder). This actually could have been an interesting finish if they'd move the finish line a few miles east to the top of Loveland Pass, thereby adding in a few switchbacks and some decent gradients. Why the hell stop just when the climb gets interesting??! The race used the same perplexing strategy a few years ago when they set the finish line halfway up flagstaff mountain.

Three (possibly four) of the seven stages this year - and every year - will almost certainly end in bunch sprints. There is an 8.5 mile out-and-back TT in the tourist trap of Breckenridge. Based on previous years, some of the only interesting footage - the high speed descent off (beautiful) Independence Pass into Aspen - will be lost due to camera feed issues.

I'm not as familiar with Utah, but at least last year, the course for ToUtah was far, far more challenging and interesting.

xena
Banned

by xena

hasbeen wrote:it is very interesting that one of those positives was for a drug that is still in development stage. not even on the market yet. so it DOES happen.

You can get it online, [not going to post link] Its a pill version of EPO " no injections"
Xena a demi god among the digital demimonde that is WW community

http://i.imgur.com/hL5v3ai.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131970499@N02/

spud

by spud

zzmkdw wrote:Looks like all of the criticism from Astana leadership has prompted Nibbles to look elsewhere:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/07/news/report-change-on-the-horizon-for-nibali_379941

Can't say that I blame him. If I were Sagan, I would get out of dodge too. Tinkoff seems like a real douche.

Vino seems like an even bigger douche - "we have to win at least one grand tour per year". In essence, he's saying one of his guys, out of the 24 people who could conceivably win a grand tour, has to do it, at least once. Not much pressure to dope on that team...

haydos

by haydos

re: yellow bikes, IMO Tommy V's Yellow Colnago C59 from a couple of years back was the nicest I've seen in a while...
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i took that the comment as 'winner' of the tour, but yellow jersey 'wearer' bikes yea there are other examples

kittel

revsiting....i think cadel's might be the best.

tommy... aint feelin' it.

andy's was same as fabian's, if not better matchy with saddle color and tape. i liked andy's bikes...he was the king of SLAM.

gallopin's ridley , not bad. I like those throwback logos

the worst attempt i've seen at a custom pro bike leader jersey is paolini when he was wearing pink in giro. no one thought he'd have it probably and the 3m vinyl overlay hack job was comical at best
Last edited by nathanong87 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Antoine

by Antoine

W.Bonnet has just had a doping control , but he can't leave home and he's not going to race again this year ...