2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

fa63 wrote:Not sure if anyone besides me watched, but Matt Busche (Trek Factory Racing) put on a clinic to win the US National Road Race championship a second time.

Good ride by Joe Dombrowski as well.

as long as talansky or horner didn't win , i would be happy! after i saw joe D stay in the front group, i was joking with a friend to say, he'll win the bunch sprint out of all those guys... and man he almost did haha. Felt bad for Kiel's puncture, but he did fight hard to come back. So did Joe D after the tumble. The youtube comments had me dying and were more exciting than all the actual commentary.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Landa seems waiting for Aru on Mortirolo.
If I was Astana I'd let Landa go, even just for the show.

scotty

by scotty

Aru looks like he's cracked... some ride by Bertie so far...

Liggero

by Liggero

OMG!!!! Contador is definitely nowhere near in the shape he has before the ban. LOL

I wonder where all those yankee armstrong supporters have their heads now... so pathetic. Put on your Rapha gear and go for a coffee guys!!!
Happy Trails !!!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

HillRPete wrote:Wondering if Contador will go as far as try to go up the road with Landa, so Astana/Aru take the piss when the gap between Aru and Landa comes down.

Hahaha ok but they needled him to it!

KWalker

by KWalker

nathanong87 wrote:
fa63 wrote:Not sure if anyone besides me watched, but Matt Busche (Trek Factory Racing) put on a clinic to win the US National Road Race championship a second time.

Good ride by Joe Dombrowski as well.

as long as talansky or horner didn't win , i would be happy! after i saw joe D stay in the front group, i was joking with a friend to say, he'll win the bunch sprint out of all those guys... and man he almost did haha. Felt bad for Kiel's puncture, but he did fight hard to come back. So did Joe D after the tumble. The youtube comments had me dying and were more exciting than all the actual commentary.

I'm with ya on Horner, but was pulling for any World Tour rider as it sucked not seeing the jersey in any big races the last two years. When I saw Busche out front I knew it was /thread.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

yea hopefully he gets a sweet jersey made, This one is a little too understated for my liking. But USA national jerseys have been generally speaking, really bad over the years =(

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I know that I bagged on Hesjedal earlier in the Giro, but I'll say this now:

He's put out one hell of an effort the last few days. Although, I'm mystified as to how he, as a former WC-level MTB racer is getting dropped on descents.

KWalker

by KWalker

Your description of "really, really bad" is also an understatement considering these atrocities:

Can't tell if I love or hate this one:
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Look at that attack with 3 to go. I want what Landa had for "breakfast"!!

beswiss

by beswiss

LeDuke wrote:I know that I bagged on Hesjedal earlier in the Giro, but I'll say this now:

He's put out one hell of an effort the last few days. Although, I'm mystified as to how he, as a former WC-level MTB racer is getting dropped on descents.

Cadel managed to pull that off as well, although he improved during his road career. Descending at 90km/h on skinny tires is probably different from 50km/h on fat tires, albeit with less grip.
C'dale SuperSix Evo Sram Red, Cube Agree GTC Race SL, Granville MTB XT

stuka666

by stuka666

If Contador likes cow meat, what da hell Landa is eating?

Wondering how the tour will play out with Contador, Froome, Nibali and Quintana.. Damn.

KB

by KB

What a fantastic race today; it's was like a throwback to a bygone era. The gaps of approx 10 mins to riders in the top 20 makes me think that a lot of riders may miss the time cut.

Contador's ride on the Motirolo was amazing, but then so was Kruiswijk. I would have liked to have seen him win. Landa rode smart and the situation with Aru's demise made it easier for him to avoid working in the group.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Now that the Giro is in the books, barring a major issue of course, its time to start cheering for Adam to finish!!!
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com