2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KWalker

by KWalker

Deleting his results after the positive test made no sense to me given the inability for the UCI to decide if he should or should not race. I could understand things before the test.

Anyways, I wonder how many watts Aru's mouth costs him?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

KWalker, depends on overall airflow.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

whatever

53x12

by 53x12

KWalker wrote:Anyways, I wonder how many watts Aru's mouth costs him?

If he pulls in enough air to overcome the drag penalty, able to pressurize it and then fart, he might actually gain a few watts at the end. But the farts need to be powerful and sustained.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

ave

by ave

If he goes fast enough, his mouth as a RAM air intake should give him some boost. :)

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Why are you guys arguing about whether or how Contador doped. Its common knowledge. "Those pasticisers could have come from anything".... seriously??? We don't need iron clad scientific proof that he doped. The guy did, so what's the big deal. Throughout his career he has been able to hang with or obliterate dozens of other notorious dopers. What else needs be said? Just enjoy the show and hope perhaps that he is clean now.

I posted the exact same thing about Armstrong years ago and many made the mistake of chastising my audacity. Those posters looked not so good after LA's appearance on Opra. When is Alberto going on Opra? And I think I will start referring to him as Valasco just to be extra difficult. :D

the Gib is in the house and he is talkin' smack. So there.

And one more while I am on here - Hesjedal's descending is atrocious - the guy has far too much weight on his ass and not enough on his outside pedal. The whole technique, where he is looking, etc. is messed up. Looks awful and slow in the twisties. MTB background hasn't helped one bit. He would have been far better off as a ski racer. Those guys know about line and carving it up.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

djm

by djm

And that brain aneurysm at the ripe age of 21 (?) has the hallmarks of a slightly high HCT.. or am I really wrong? :-)

Haven't really heard about many 21 year olds having brain aneurysms.

KWalker

by KWalker

I like Contador. He is a fun rider to watch. He never, ever gives up, just like in 2011 when he had no chance of winning and went on the attack on the last day. Or how he beat Rodriguez in the Vuelta by utilizing team tactics and intelligence. I will miss his riding when he retires.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

At the back, we lamented the fact that we never get to hang out with the boys in blue, but we’ve come to accept that they just might not like us.

Chad Haga slightly more subtle than Henderson.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/05/ ... ity_371886
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Liggero

by Liggero

where exactly, do you have have a result of plasticizers value in Contador blood? please post the photo here.

It is newspapers or is it data from the actual test from that German laboratory, who, by the way, leacked the analysis data. I mean, I would say LA, called that laboratory, or the UCI, just to bust contador, as he must have payed quite some money to UCI and to the laboratories. And no, i have no probe of that, as we don't have probe of all the money he must have paid to cycling authorities, apart from what has been to known to us, there must be way much more...
Happy Trails !!!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

all your base are belong to us
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Liggero

by Liggero

Mr.Gib wrote:Why are you guys arguing about whether or how Contador doped. Its common knowledge. "Those pasticisers could have come from anything".... seriously??? We don't need iron clad scientific proof that he doped. The guy did, so what's the big deal. Throughout his career he has been able to hang with or obliterate dozens of other notorious dopers. What else needs be said? Just enjoy the show and hope perhaps that he is clean now.

I posted the exact same thing about Armstrong years ago and many made the mistake of chastising my audacity. Those posters looked not so good after LA's appearance on Opra. When is Alberto going on Opra? And I think I will start referring to him as Valasco just to be extra difficult. :D

the Gib is in the house and he is talkin' smack. So there.

And one more while I am on here - Hesjedal's descending is atrocious - the guy has far too much weight on his ass and not enough on his outside pedal. The whole technique, where he is looking, etc. is messed up. Looks awful and slow in the twisties. MTB background hasn't helped one bit. He would have been far better off as a ski racer. Those guys know about line and carving it up.

hehehehehe, Hesjedal really looks *f##k* up on the bike. It looks kind of ugly indeed, but I do like it just because of that. The head is always inclined like almost 30 degrees. And he looks like *f##k* up hahaha, like the old climbers. His cadence is good I guess, but his gesture is like he has a cadence of 30, and so much saddle to bar drop makes him look wiht the back almost like in tt position, hahahaha really crunked. I love it.
Happy Trails !!!

Liggero

by Liggero

You guys are just boring with contador. No probe he doped, just un-fair ban, it's so obvious. And if he didn't, well, it's not like LA, or schleck brothers or horner or cobo, who none tested positived and they were clearly on the juice. He is more like a Valverde, win or win or win. And still, with the rules on hand and test results, unfair ban. Doped or not doped, we don't know. But about the unfairness of the issue with those results, well, couldn't be clearer. LA could climb before he started ussing poison, LOL. Same with marco pantani winning tours and TT's.
Happy Trails !!!

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Nate Ryder lost 5 minutes on stage 4 when there was a split on a climb and he was in poor position.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

IchDien wrote:RAI did a feature on all of the Giro's female assistant's today after the stage, what they do, what they wear, various "look at her in a bra" shots WHILST split screen with a close up of Cipollini's face for a live reaction from the studio to the feature.

Very comedic...but try doing that on the BBC!

Please tell me there is footage of this.