2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CerveloBert

by CerveloBert

Trust me, I'm in the mediocre department. But you're right. I was alluding to the calibre of riders more than their morale, which actually have a lot to do with each other.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Re: Paulinho accident video. Yep, the moto is to blame, the rider expected him to move clear of him.
But it's no way as serious mistake as hitting somebody from behind. (Jesse Sergent in Flanders, Fuglsang in the Tour, Van Avermaet in San Sebastian, Sagan in the Vuelta)

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Watched that stage last night and you could see that the bunch is just pissed at the motos right now. Part of it was the mayhem of that day and the accumulation of previous events. Random small groups of riders strewn about on tiny winding roads with a lack of space. Fortunately for all of us in a few years the discussion will be how close can the drones get to the riders.

KWalker

by KWalker

Regarding Garmin its not necessarily that their team is "trash", its that they lack captains/leaders. They have very few older domestiques and powerhouse captains like a Danny Pate for example. Everyone shits on Ryder, but when he won the Giro he had a fairly impressive team around him if you look at the balance of characteristics. Now you have either guys who crash out or younger guys that probably do not have the raw power, seniority, or experience to shuffle guys to the front of the pack, get in the token break, etc.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

lippythelion

by lippythelion

Nelson Oliveira was/is wearing Northwave shoes with a Sidi carbon sole.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Stage 13: Don't you just love it when you tune in to the "Last 20 km" video and a guy has 16s lead, and then wins by a minute because everyone else goes, "Eh, winning? Can't be bothered". Not to detract from the guy with five names mind you - helluva ride there, Nelson Filipe Santos Simoes Oliveira.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

^What made it more exciting was that the chump who won is only the TT Champion of Portugal. I mean, he might as well be the TT champ of the Azores.

pastronef

by pastronef

arthurf

by arthurf

pastronef wrote:new Bollè glasses for ?

https://www.facebook.com/SmartStopProCy ... =1&theater

They look like the Sixth Sense glasses but with a clear lens

pastronef

by pastronef

I tweeted Bollé
the name is 5th Element, available from 2016

GT56

by GT56

ave wrote:Re: Paulinho accident video. Yep, the moto is to blame, the rider expected him to move clear of him.
But it's no way as serious mistake as hitting somebody from behind. (Jesse Sergent in Flanders, Fuglsang in the Tour, Van Avermaet in San Sebastian, Sagan in the Vuelta)

many movements fore-aft and from side to side are induced by race-tactics

it would be a great help if all motards had raced a bicycle before, so that they would be able to properly anticipate
Last edited by GT56 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattr

by mattr

It used to be that a good number (75%+) were ex racers.

Doesn't seem to be the case anymore!

Rob81

by Rob81

gravity

by gravity

Zubeldia is on the new Madone instead of their supposedly climbing bike Emonda on Vuelta summit finish stage 15.

martinko

by martinko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20DG3NcErXU

Fans view on a motorbike crashing into Sagan. The group was on the right side of the right, but in a moment they changed to the left side. Service motorbike may have been sent to the group in front but got closed by the group on its way. He may have warned riders with its pressence, don't know, but it doesn't seem to me that it was solely motorbike's rider fault.

Anyway, I wonder, do also motorbike riders get any hydration support during stage? Riders suffer from heat, fatigue, lose concentration. But motorbike riders do as well. It surely is not some vacation trip around the country.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com