2015 'PRO' cycling discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

gravity

by gravity

The wording may look like Paulinho was riding into the moto, but the moto shouldnt be there in the first place.

tymon_tm wrote:regarding Paulinho, IMHO cyclists should protest in one way or another. it's a scandal how many accidents involving motors and cars occured with no consequences at all. and it's not just Tinkoff's problem (although they've lost a potential stage winner and a crucial assistant for Majka), do we have to wait for a career or life ending accident for UCI or ASO to react?

Marcel Kittel went to Twitter to air his views and thinks that the CPA (cyclist union) shouldve done something but so far the union just kept mum about the issue in hand.

sfo423

by sfo423

Tom D and some crew rolling porky C50s throughout Andorra. No stage-specific wheels?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Somehow I get the feeling Froome is going to be DNS for stage 12. But what a race so far. Dumoulin dropping Quintana like a rock on the final climb?

martinko

by martinko

I don't mean there is no fault from the motorbike driver, but Paulinho also got brakes on his bike, and we cannot pretend that every rider is a prima donna (well, who is anyway) that everyone else should look after them but riders themselves.

Like if some rider crashed into some road furniture while looking at his stem. Would it be his fault or race organizers of not removing that furniture?

I don't know (and I haven't seen) what hapenned in Paolinho's case. Accidents with motorbikes, unfortunately, happen quite often this year, but that does not automatically mean that only motorbike drivers are responsible for that.

Rondje

by Rondje

kbbpll wrote:Somehow I get the feeling Froome is going to be DNS for stage 12.

Good feeling, he didn't start at all today with a fracture in his foot.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

martinko wrote:I don't mean there is no fault from the motorbike driver, but Paulinho also got brakes on his bike, and we cannot pretend that every rider is a prima donna (well, who is anyway) that everyone else should look after them but riders themselves.

Like if some rider crashed into some road furniture while looking at his stem. Would it be his fault or race organizers of not removing that furniture?

I don't know (and I haven't seen) what hapenned in Paolinho's case. Accidents with motorbikes, unfortunately, happen quite often this year, but that does not automatically mean that only motorbike drivers are responsible for that.

Paulinho did have brakes. Sagan could've looked around like we do riding on public roads, just like Van Avermaet, who might've just stopped and let the moto pass. Stetina also should've been more careful - launching the sprint straight into the metal cones? c'mon! luckily he didn't damage the public property :roll:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Looking like this could become another near miss for Rodriguez wrt grand tour honours. Oh the pain. Hoping he can pull something off, but Aru is clearly looking fresher, having skipped the TdF.

109er

by 109er

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-bernaudeau-secures-french-sponsor-to-replace-europcar/

Heck yes! Chavanel!! I'm glad a team found a sponsorship and is sticking around for another year at least.
green jacket, gold jacket...who gives a sh*t

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Quintana with fever.

Ever since PDM abandoned en masse with fever-like illness this has been a bit of a red-flag.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

An individual riding his second grand tour in a row, hunting for a podium position in each, then getting sick, is a red flag?

Are you actually attempting to draw a conclusion relating the two situations?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Wish there was a way they could spread out the GCs a little better.. Like another 2/3 week more in between then what there is now might help.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

LeDuke wrote:An individual riding his second grand tour in a row, hunting for a podium position in each, then getting sick, is a red flag?

Are you actually attempting to draw a conclusion relating the two situations?

Almost all accounts of blood doping, both well-controlled and amateur, describe fever-like symptoms as a common consequence. There is not any firm conclusion to be drawn, of course not, but you have to look at all the data available and yes, this is relevant. Is it perhaps more likely that he is ill (perhaps as you say because of sequential efforts), yes, but with each datapoint for each rider, there is a more complete picture, so if he want to use that information in a balanced way, then I will.

djm

by djm

Pretty wild conjecture if you ask me.. A GT is all about NOT getting sick, almost everyone in a GT will at some point become slightly ill.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Don't you guys know, if any pro does anything, ever, its basically linked to their use of PEDs.

A fever from a bad blood bag would be so intense a person could barely move and it wouldn't happen during the stage, but right after the transfusion itself. Quintana noted that he had a mild fever, which got worse with the stage. A common sign of a cold or flu.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike